Amy's Choice 4

The Dream Lord suddenly appeared a little ahead of the Doctor and Terry, making their faces grow even darker.

"Hello, peasants." The Dream Lord called at the old people before he looked back at the Time Lords. "What's this, attack of the old people? Oh, that's ridiculous. This has got to be the dream, hasn't it?"

Terry just gave the short man dressed in a light suit with a brown bowler hat a disgusted looked but he just shifted his attention to the couple at the back.

"What do you think, Amy? Let's all jump under a bus and wake up in the Tardis." He pointed at the redhead. "You first."

"Leave her alone." The Doctor ordered in a dangerous tone. But the Dream Lord just scoffed.

"Do that again." The Dream Lord mocked scornfully before he looked at Amy. "I love it when he does that, don't you?"

He gestured at the Doctor, taunting, "Tall dark hero. 'Leave her alone'."

"Just leave her." Rory interrupted, annoyed. The Dream Lord glanced at him blandly.

"Yes, you're not quite so impressive." He drawled, looking Rory up and down. Terry's eyes narrowed dangerously while Rory looked offended but the Dream Lord turned away from him dismissively to instead look back at Amy.

"But I know where your heart lies, don't I, Amy Pond?"

He leered at the redhead, who tensed.

"Shut up." She hissed. "Just shut up and leave me alone."

The Doctor had clenched his fists by now as the Dream Lord walked over to Amy and softly coaxed in her ear, "But listen. You're in there. Loves a redhead, the Doctor - has a bit of a fetish for them."

"If that were true, he'd have gotten together with Donna." Terry replied a little sharply, her headache making it hard for her to focus. "Or at least, he would have tried to. And we know what would have happened if he had. Now, leave Amy and Rory alone, you little devil. She's far too good for you to turn and Rory's too noble for you to break using jealousy."

"Oh, look at you, so clever and a little Miss Know-it-all." The Dream Lord scoffed before he narrowed gold eyes at her. "Interesting choice of words though. Who's calling who a devil, hm?"

Terry's blue eyes darkened and flashed a hint of gold, when the Doctor interrupted.

"Drop it. Drop all of it. " The Doctor levelled a look at the Dream Lord, who was giving him a bored look. "I know who you are."

Terry glanced at the Doctor questioningly while the Dream Lord scoffed. "Course you don't."

"Course I do." The Doctor countered. His lip curled into a mirthless smile as he added, "No idea how you can be here, but there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do."

Understanding dawned on Terry but Amy and Rory continued to look confused as they glanced nervously between the two males standing off against each other like mirror images. To complete this impression, the Dream Lord also curved his lips like the Doctor's had before he nodded at the old people.

"Never mind me. You should worry about them."

They turned to look at the old people now starting to walk toward them while the Dream Lord disappeared. The Doctor and Terry intertwined their hands as they faced the incoming squadron while Rory called rather more nervously than before, "Hi."

"Hello." Amy added, trying to be friendly to the faces she knew. Or had thought she knew.

The Doctor adopted a similar tone as he called with mocking cheer, "Hello, we were wondering where you went. To get reinforcements, by the look of it. Are you all right? You look a bit tense."