Bells of Saint John

Terry landed to find Eleven in a frenzy in the middle of the console room as he threw around items of clothing with one hand and tugged on trousers with the other.

"Doctor?" Terry asked, puzzled, and the Doctor stopped midway through as he whirled on her in surprise.

"Angel!"

His entire face lit up, glowing with such radiant joy that Terry was momentarily taken-aback.

"Doctor-?

Terry was cut off when the Time Lord pulled her in for a deep, passionate kiss that she had no heart to pull away from. When they eventually broke apart, the Doctor's face was still close to hers as Terry tried to gather her bearings once more.

"What was that for?" Terry breathed, feeling quite heady.

"That was for leaving me for a year and then showing up as your adorable but clueless first self." He grumbled as he pulled her in as close to him as possible.

Terry's eyes widened as she realized around when this must be for the Doctor, and then her lips twitched into a smile despite herself.

"How long have you been...?" Terry asked knowingly, and the Doctor cocked a brow.

"Too long." He answered, his voice dipping lower. He cast an eye down over her left hand and then over her neck. He grinned when he saw the familiar gold chain peeking out from under her collar, knowing what hung on the end tucked out of sight.

"You have been neglecting your responsibilities, wife."

"Dear, dear."

Terry tried and failed to hide her smirk when he pressed against her to drive home his point. Almost literally.

"Then it looks like I have a lot to make up for... husband."

The Doctor replied by pulling Terry almost harshly against his body as he kissed down her neck while she uttered his name. Terry matched his eagerness with her own, and soon the Doctor's clothes were again scattered everywhere, mixed with Terry's as neither bothered to even relocate to one of their bedrooms. If the Tardis could speak, she might have; but even though she could have hummed her protests, the good old girl kept silent despite her indignation as Terry's knickers hung off one of the levers on the console.

**************

"So, what was going on before I arrived?" Terry asked as she pulled on a fresh yellow shirt. She paired it with a jean jacket and skirt after some mild deliberation - somehow, she felt like the change today, and she was satisfied as she pulled on blue oxfords over blue stockings to complete her outfit. One couldn't run without shoes, after all. Well, one could but Terry had done it once and she highly didn't recommend it.

"You seemed quite focused on getting your clothes on, but it was clearly not important enough if you were willing to lose them again so quickly." Terry added as she finished slipping on her shoes and wrapped a purple scarf around her neck.

"Nothing is more important than you, my dear." The Doctor replied affectionately as he nipped Terry's ear, making her giggle like a schoolgirl.

She swatted him away, pretending to be stern and failing miserably. The Doctor smiled and Terry began tying his bow-tie for him while he returned to her earlier question.

"I found her again. Clara."

Terry looked up, instantly interested, while the Doctor continued.

"But I'm afraid she didn't take to me very well. I was a monk, or I was dressed as one, and monks are not cool."