Chapter 15: The Twin Brother

**I am truly sorry that I haven't posted in months. With summer just starting I thought I'd have more time and patience to work on this but that didn't help. I have summer work that I have to do so the weekends are my only free days. Also, I kind of lost interest in this story for a really long time but seeing that it's getting a lot of views and seeing all the positive comments loving this story has been making me want to continue. So, I'm continuing now. Sorry if this chapter is a little all over the place. I kind of forgot some of the things in this story but I'll read it over another time. For now, I'm just gonna go with the flow I guess 😅. Again, I'm incredibly sorry for making you all wait this long.**

We were all silent for a while as we ate our food. For some reason, I was really hungry still. Almost all the food was gone on our table yet I was still hungry.

I didn't realize it till it was too late, but there was another letter in front of me. Apparently I zoned out when the owls came.

My thoughts filled with possibilities. It can't be B.J. He's locked up. It has to be someone else.

I slowly flip the card around to reveal the senders name. I sigh with relief when I find out that it's from my uncle, Vincent.

I open the letter and some photos fall out. It's pictures of my baby cousin. I've only seen a few pictures since I last saw my uncle. And just as I thought things were going well, I flipped the pictures over, seeing the writings on the back of them. I had to find the correct order, but when I did, I wish I hadn't...

Dear y/n,

I'm sorry to worry you after all you've been through... but I fear I must tell you this since you already know so much. Knowing now that you know about your family history, I need to add one more person to that list. Your brother. Well, twin brother. Yes, you actually do have a twin, it's just not Ron. I know the books and such say there was only one child but that was only to protect you and your brother. You may be wondering why I'm telling you this now.... Your brother is in danger. The dark lord attacked and killed the family that was looking after him. He managed to escape and reached out to me. I'm afraid I can't do much care for him now that your baby cousin was just born and I don't want to put him in any more danger than he already is. So... I sent your brother on his way to you. He should arrive at the castle not long after you read this letter. Dumbledore already knows of his arrival and knows he has to stay with you. I'm sorry to be leaving such a burden on you so sudden but I'm afraid it's the only thing I could do.... I suppose I should tell you his name. Issac. Issac is his name. Again, I'm sorry, but I hope you know how important this is to me...

Sincerely,
your dearest uncle...

I stare in silence trying to figure out everything that he just said. A twin? My actual twin? He's coming here for me to watch over him? Me? Why? I don't even know him other than the fact that his name is Issac. What am I supposed to tell everyone because they all know.. well think that Ron is my twin and I'm a Weasley. How am I supposed to tell them that the new kid, Issac, is my twin. What last name do I even use for him? Weasley? Riddle? Or maybe the last name of his adoptive parents... there's too much pressure on me..

I hadn't noticed that I was piercing the table with my fork until Draco called my name.

"Are you okay, y/n?" He asks, not even caring that he's being nice to me.

He slowly takes the fork out of my hand as I snap back into my surroundings.

"I'm.. sorry," I say, squinting my eyes, "I zoned out a bit."

Then I hear a few voices from around the room saying things like "who's that?", "I've never seen him before.", and "is he new?"

I turn around to see who they're talking about and I see a boy standing in the entrance.

"Issac.." I whisper under my breath and somehow, he makes direct eye contact with me like he had heard me. Then he starts to walk over towards me. Everyone watches with confusion as he stands in front of me.

"Carrie, can you move down one?" I ask. She looks skeptical but she obeys, telling the row by her to move down one seat.

Once everyone moves and there's an open seat, Issac sits down next to me. Without saying a word, he sits down and takes some of the food. He eats it like he hasn't eaten in days. I didn't know what to do or say. Looking at everyone around me, they were all just as confused as me.

"Issac...?" I say. He looks up at me, wiping his face with the napkin.

Looking directly at him, I can see myself in him. Our faces are so similar and I have no clue how I could hide the fact that we are twins. I mean, I have red hair from the Weasleys dying it all the time and Issac has black hair, but our faces are still so similar.

The first question that comes to my mind is, "what house are you in?"

"I still need to see, actually," he replies. When I hear his voice, I feel this random wave of comfort. Strange...

"I have so many questions," I say to him, still trying to take in everything that's happening.

"I'll answer them all as soon as I can but right now, I'm starving," he says as I hear his stomach growl.

I listen to him, letting him eat. Thoughts still run through my mind. Has he eaten anything in days? When will he be sorted into a house? How am I going to pull off knowing him and trying to convince people he isn't my twin? This is going to be one stressful night..

For some reason, they allowed everyone to have the rest of the day off, no classes. It was strange but I just tried to think of it as a nice gesture.

As I walk towards my the Slytherin dormitory, I am stopped in my tracks by Dumbledore walking in front of me.

"Good evening, y/n," he says in his normal raspy yet comforting voice.

"Good evening, professor Dumbledore," I reply, "have I done something wrong?"

"Oh, no, dear," he says, putting his arm on my shoulder as he turns me around, heading back towards the dining hall, "it's about Issac. I need to sort him into his house and I'd like you to be there with us when we do so. I didn't want the whole crowd here so there would be less confusion."

"I understand," I nod my head as I continue walking down the hall with him, "professor..? How will I hide the fact that we are twins. I mean, our faces are almost identical besides our hair and face shape."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of all that," he says, "all you need to worry about is making sure Issac feels welcome here. Maybe become his friend, seeing as you are twins."

I give a small smile before we finally make it to the dining hall again. Some but not all of the professors are there, as well as the sorting hat and Issac.

I sit myself down in one of the chairs as Issac walks up and sits in the chair to be sorted. Mrs. McGonagall places the hat on his head then the hat comes to life. It brings back the memories of when I was sorted.

"I see...yes," the hat begins, "hmmmm....I believe this one is quite unexpected seeing the family history.....well....better be...Hufflepuff!"

I feel just as shocked as Issac and some of the other professors in the room. Hufflepuff? With our history? I guess this is a good thing. It brings less suspicion to us.