Chapter 2: A new Aunt?

**Just a reminder that there are some characters that I made up. So not all of them are names you might've heard in the books or movies.**

I was in complete shock at what the hat had just called out. A Slytherin?? I didn't say anything, instead, I went to sit down at my new table. They were cheering so I gave a smile, but I was deeply frowning in the inside.

"Hi. I'm Carrie Boun." The girl next to me said as she held out her hand.

"I'm Y/N Weasly." I said, shaking her hand. "Are you a first year?"

"No. I'm a second year, but I'm friendly to those who are friendly to me." She smiled.

"Do you know any Slytherin first years I could possibly be friends with?" I asked.

"There's a few. Oh, one of them is Draco Malfoy. He seems like a good friend to have." Yeah, a good friend that I can punch in the face.

"I'll have to see." Was the only reply I could think of without saying anything rude. Even though, when his name popped up, my mind would fill up with horrible words only.

As I was following our prefect to our dormitory, I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I gave them a sad smile and a small wave which they returned back to me.

We went down the the dungeon. Of course our room was in the dungeon. Our room was behind a blank stretch of wall, and is located under the lake.

"Pure-blood." The prefect stated, making the door open. Well that's just a horrible password.

I walked into the room. It was low-ceilinged and felt like the dungeon we just passed by to get here. There were green lamps and chairs. I actually liked this common room, to be completely honest. My old room at home had green walls, and I loved everything green.

"Girls room and bathroom are up the stairs to your right. The same with the boys but to the left. Your things are already on your bed once you go up there." The prefect stated as she looked at all of us.

I went up the stairs to the bedrooms. Mine was close to the end of the room, far away from the stairs. My cat was in his cage. I immediately went straight to the cage because I knew he didn't like it in there.

"Here you go, Charlie." I said as I opened the little gate. "You're free to come out of there."

Charlie practically ran out of the cage. He then sat down, right on my lap.

"How am I supposed to organize my things with you on my lap?" I laughed while petting his little head.

"Look how cute you are." I heard someone say. I turned to look at them. It was a tall girl with curly black hair. "The cat, I mean." She said sounding a little embarrassed.

"Thanks. His name is Charlie." I replied. "You can pet him if you'd like. He doesn't bite."

The girl bent down and started to pet Charlie. "I'm Merida. Merida Finn."

"Nice to meet you Merida. I'm Y/N Weasly." I replied, holding my hand out this time. She shook it and continued petting Charlie.

"Where do you live?" She asked.

"I live in Devon, England. What about you?" I replied back.

"London, England." She said as Charlie slowly walked away and laid down on the bed.

"Do you want to wake up a little earlier tomorrow? Because I want to see my friends and my brother in the Gryffindor house. They'll be outside of the common room." I asked.