Chapter 16: Hufflepuff Friend

Issac walks over to me. We walk out of the dining hall and into the hallways.

"A hufflepuff and a Slytherin as twins," Issac says, "never thought that would happen."

"We can't talk about being twins and stuff in here," I reply, "everyone thinks I'm a Weasley and that I'm twins with Ron."

"I know, I'm sorry," he says, "I never had to hide this stuff so I need to get used to this."

That makes me remember how he lived by himself after his family was murdered.

"So... were your family magical or muggles?" I ask, wondering if he's going to answer.

"Muggles but they knew about the magical world and my situation. They took care of me like their own for almost my whole life," he replies, getting a little emotional.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," I say, giving him a sad smile.

"Anyways.. we shouldn't talk about these things here," he says, distracting himself for the topic, "we need to be careful."

Then we hear someone fall behind one of the pillars. We walk over to see Malfoy on the floor.

"Oh... hey," he says awkwardly as he looks up at us.

"How much did you just hear," I ask, getting a little annoyed with him.

"Just about the whole thing..." he replies.

I hold my hand out. He grabs it as I swiftly bring him to his feet and pull him in front of me.

"You can't tell anyone what you just heard," I demand, "got it?"

I let him go. He brushes off his robe.

"Believe me," he begins, "I wasn't going to say anything in the first place."

This shocks me.

"Why not?" I ask.

"What? Do you want me to tell someone or something?" He replies.

"No. I'm just wondering why you of all people wouldn't go rushing over to tell all your little friends about this," I say, "where are your little minions anyways. Why are you walking around by yourself, following us?"

"I was.. going to the bathroom," he says.

"Why wouldn't you go to the one in our dormitory?" I question.

"Um," he tries to think of a lie.

"Listen. Draco. I know you were following us. Just tell me why."

"I wasn't following both of you," he admits, "I was only following you.."

"Why?" I ask, confused.

"Can I.. can I talk to you by yourself for a minute?" He asks.

"Sure...?" I reply turning to Issac, "you can go to your dormitory. I'll just talk to you tomorrow."

He nods and walks farther down the hall.

"I need to talk to you," he says, looking down a bit.

"About?" I ask.

"About the kiss," he says. It takes me off guard a bit.

"Do we really have to talk about that..." I say, getting a little shy but trying not to be vulnerable.

"Yes. Well, at least I want to talk about it," he replies. There's a long pause before he continues, "y/n... do you like me?"

"Um...." I sigh, knowing that he already knows the answer since I had to kiss who I liked, "just..a little bit. You can't tell anyone about this."