Chapter 12: The First Memory

Just in case people were awake, I went back to get my ring. I really didn't want to go to the boys side, but if Malfoy has my letter, I need to get it back.

I walked up the stairs, trying not to make any noise. Once I got up to the top, I could see a few boys laying on their beds next to me. I saw Crabbe. He was not a good sleeper. He was half in the blanket, half out, mouth open, snoring, and I could see a little bit of drool.

It was a bit disturbing, but I continued to look around for Malfoy. Then I spotted him. He was awake, sitting on his bed, holding my letter. I made sure that the boys around him were asleep before I was going to take my ring off.

I walked right in front of him. I'm pretty sure he heard a footstep because he glanced up from the letter, looked around, then looked back down at it.

Then I snatched the note with the hand that didn't have the ring. He looked extremely confused, then I took my ring off.

"Why did you take my letter?!" I exclaimed quietly so the boys wouldn't wake up. I also bent down to face him.

"What are you doing in the boys bedroom?!" He responded.

"Oh, please. You were in the girls bedroom so what's the difference?" I stated. "Now answer the question."

"Why can't you trust the four people B.J is describing?" Malfoy asked.

"For gods sake! Stop answering the question with more questions and tell me why you purposely went into the girls bedroom, went to MY bed, and took the letter?" I demanded, still trying to be quiet.

"I was wondering who it was from." He said.

"Why do you care about letters that I receive?" I questioned, sitting on the floor now. Not really the comfiest sitting spot.

"Sit on my bed if you want." He said. Did he seriously just ask me to sit on his bed??? Why is he being nice??

"I'm..good." I replied when I really wasn't. The floor was not comfortable at all.

"Are you scared to sit with me?" He asked with a laugh.

"I'm not scared and I never will be of you." I stated.

"Prove it then. Sit with me." He said, patting the bed. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the bed.

"Now answer the question. Why do you care about the letters I receive?" I repeated.

"No one randomly gets a letter when it's not even a meal time or anything. Unless it's a complete emergency or the sender wants to send it without anyone knowing about it." He started. "So if there was a danger, I wanted to know."

"But the danger would have nothing to do with you. It would have been MY family issues. Not yours." I replied, confused.

"Who is B.J? Your boyfriend or something?" He asked.

"No. He's not my boyfriend." I replied. "He was my childhood best friend. But he started to talk about future things that will happen. Like he could see the future. He then started acting crazy and violent, so they took him away to a place for people like him."

"Oh." He responded, not really knowing what to say. "If he said in the letter to meet you, wouldn't he not be in the place anymore?"

"That's what scares me." I said. "I know his time is definitely not up to leave, so he probably broke out. And he's dangerous."

"Then don't go see him." He suggested.

"I can't. I need to find out what he is trying to tell me." I replied. "And I do miss him. The last thing I said to him was that I hated him. We had this huge fight and then I stopped talking to him that day. And of course that day, he got taken by the people."