•08•

||WAX ON, WAX OFF||

|CAMI

Kim was sparring with another black belt in the Bobby Wasabi International tournament. I already won my spar, but we need two more wins to get the role of Bobby's top dojo. The fight was even, but Kim eventually got her opponent sprawled on the ground, indicating her victory. "Winner!" the referee pointed to Kim making us all cheer.

"Kim! You just won a match in the all Wasabi: Invitational! This has to be the most amazing moment of your life!" Rudy exclaimed as Kim took off her red padded helmet.

"Well, actually witnessing my sister's birth was-"

"-boring," Rudy sang turning away.

"Don't feel bad. He did the same thing when I told him the most amazing moment in my life was witnessing my brother win his first tournament. He was so happy, it was adorable," I gushed. "I'll show you a picture later cause I know you'll want it." Kim rolled her eyes, but smiled nevertheless, as we took our arranged seats on the bench.

"It's all tied up. If we win the last match, we're the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain!" Rudy beamed. "Jack, you're up. You ready?"

"Well, yeah, but I thought Bobby Wasabi was gonna be here," Jack answered.

"People, Bobby can show up whenever he wants!" Rudy scoffed. "Or he's here now. Bobby welcome!"

"I'm sorry, I was hoping to slip in unnoticed," Bobby apologized, riding a standing motor scooter and wearing bright colors. I don't know how he thought he could slip in unnoticed looking like that. "So! How much is my Pittsburg dojo winning by? Hm?"

"Whoa whoa whoa. For your information, we're kickin' butt," Jerry boasted as we all walked up to Bobby. He started laughing as he situated himself in his throne. Yes, a legit throne.

"Oh that's rich," he laughed. "Almost as rich as my labradoodle will be when I die." He continued laughing but it slowly faded at the looks of offense and glares we all wore. "Seriously, you're- you're winning?"

"If we win this last match!" Rudy nodded.

"Well, let's do this!" Bobby clapped, commencing the spar.

"A kiss on the cheek for good luck?" Jack asked teasingly.

"You wish, pretty boy," I rolled my eyes.

"At least I'm pretty," he shrugged, walking into the mat. I laughed quietly to myself as I watched Rudy give him a pep talk.

"Because you're on FIRE!" I heard Rudy sing.

"FIRE! Celebrities first!" Bobby demanded as he rushed to the exit.

"There's no fire!" I screamed over everyone. "Rudy's just terrible at giving pep talks."

"Oh. Well, before the match begins, I have an announcement," Bobby announced. "This month there will be an article on the principles of the Wasabi Code in Karate Fancy magazine! The winning dojo will receive a gift from me and the winning sensei will appear on the cover with me."

"Do you guys know what this means?" Rudy asked excitedly.

"No, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna tell us," I replied.