•28•

||BUDDYGUARDS||

|CAMI

"What the heck was that?!" Rudy exclaimed as Kung Fu Lightning began blasting from a speaker above him.

"Kung Fu Lightning," Jack asked, walking into the dojo with me and Jerry.

"Greatest band of all time," Jerry added.

"We were listening to their new album on your stereo," I told Rudy. "Sorry."

"Get it out of there and put my meditation CD back in," Rudy ordered as me and Jack migrated to the lockers. Jerry nodded, walking away to change the CD.

"Isn't Kung Fu Lightning doing a concert, here, in Seaford?" Milton asked.

"Oh yes they are," Jerry confirmed. "And we're gonna stand in line for as long as it takes to get tickets." Jack tossed him a sleeping bag as me and him migrated back towards Jerry with camping gear. We're in for a long night if we want those tickets.

"My mom won't let me go to concerts unless the characters are in big padded suits on ice skates," Eddie spoke proudly.

"Wow. Livin' the life," I sarcastically cheered.

"Alright, we'll see ya guys later," Jerry told the gang as me, him, and Jack sprinted out towards the line for the tickets.

•••

Me, Jack, and Jerry were sitting in our beach chairs and sleeping bags, waiting to get tickets for Kung Fu Lightning. Jack and Jerry were arguing about who was a bigger Kung Fu Lightning fan. I decided to stay out of it, not wanting to get too riled up. "Dude, I am a way bigger Kung Fu Lightning fan than you," Jack argued. "See this? Izzy Gunner's guitar pick." Jack showed us the yellow guitar pick. "I bought it online."

"Man, that's nothin'," Jerry scoffed. "Yo, you know when he missed that concert because Izzy had to get his appendix out?"

"Mhm," me and Jack hummed. I'm really hoping he doesn't have the appendix because I'm sitting between the boys, so he'll be throwing it over me and that's just gross.

"Is that Izzy's appendix?" Jack asked as Jerry lifted up a thing that looked like beef jerky.

"You're not the only one who shops online," Jerry nodded. We all scooted down the line with our chairs a sleeping bags. Luckily for me, since this line is going to be ginormous, I have my phone and 5 portable chargers. Rudy came up to the line with Tootsie making me tilt my head in confusion.

"Uh Rudy, what're you doing with Tootsie?" I asked.

"I'm uh goat sitting her for Phil while he's out of town for the week," Rudy answered, taking off his sunglasses. "Chicks dig a guy with a goat."

"In what century?" I asked.

"You should see the women in the park melt when Tootsie and I share a seesaw," Rudy countered. "Gotta go." He walked away with Tootsie, putting his glasses back on.

"Dude we've been in this line for 19 hours, I've gotta go find a bathroom," Jack excused.

"I do too. That lemonade went right through me," I sighed, getting up with Jack to find a bathroom. It didn't take long for me to find the bathroom and finish my business. Me and Jack finished at a similar time, so we walked back to the line together only to see a mob of people cutting in front of our seats and Jerry looking helpless.