•22•

||MY LEFT FOOT||

|CAMI

"Hey Grace!" Eddie greeted the brunette as I exited the back kitchen with a steak and a some mashed potatoes. There's some benefits of being close with the lunch ladies and knowing how to cook. "Meatloaf and peas. Nice. You know what I do? Sometimes I take my corn nibblets and- will you go out with me?"

"No," Grace declined.

"Well, now you don't get to find out what I do with my corn nibblets," Eddie told her.

"Dude! You gotta let it go with Grace, man. You're just not her type," Jerry said as he and Eddie walked to the table with the others.

"What's her type?" Eddie asked.

"Oh you know, guys that do things big. The- the type of guy that stands out in a crowd," Jerry shrugged.

"Hello? Have you seen my new scarf?" Eddie asked. "It looks like a snake." I looked at my plate, realizing I forgot my dessert, which I also made. It was a coffee, vanilla pudding with brownie bits in it. I walked into the back to see Marge and Greta.

"Hey Marge! Hey Greta! I forgot dessert," I told them.

"That's what I thought, so I made you a bowl," Greta told me, handing my a bowl.

"Aww thanks. See ya tomorrow," I waved, exiting the kitchen.

"Or Cami!" I heard Milton say, pointing at me.

"What's 'or Cami'?" I asked, taking my normal seat in between Kim and Jack.

"You have actual food," Jack gaped, literally drooling on my steak. The boys and Kim all reached for my food, making me slap their hands away.

"I spent all free period on this meal and I intend on eating it!" I exclaimed. "Kim can have half the steak. I'm probably not gonna eat all of it anyway," I shrugged, cutting the steak in half, sliding it to Kim.

"Meanie," Jack mumbled.

"Here, you can have this," I handed the boys my fruit cup. "Or you can join the football team and get all the food over there. The quarterback moved away so they're holding tryouts tomorrow."

"I think we all know there's someone sitting right at this table that could replace him," Milton pointed out.

"If I have to," Eddie laughed.

"I guess I do have the muscles," Jerry nodded.

"I was talking about Jack you toads," Milton clarified.

"I would love to, but between school and karate and I just got a turtle. It's a whole thing," Jack excused. "The walking it alone takes forever."

"Mhm," I sarcastically hummed.

"Jack you're the most athletic person we know. This school needs a quarterback," Milton tried to reason.

"And we need meat man. Cami is only sharing with Kim," Jerry also tried to reason.

"Dude, what part of 'got a turtle' do you not understand?" Jack asked.