•69•

||INVASION OF THE GHOST PIRATES||

|CAMI

Me, Jack, and Milton were standing beside the skeleton of a historic pirate, Longshanks, guarded by velvet ropes. "How cool is it that they found the remains of the feared pirate, Longshanks, when they added that new parking lot?" Milton asked.

"Hey, why'd they call him Longshanks?" Jack asked.

"Have you seen his shanks?" I pointed toward the conceringly long shanks.

"I'm sure they're not that- whoa. Bro, those are some pretty long shanks," Jack nodded, draping an arm over me nonchalantly.

"I love Pirate Fest. A whole week of pirate fun. And it drums up business for the warf," Milton told us.

"Hey uh don't you think the people that get so into it, they dress up, are a little weird?" Jack asked.

"Most definitely," I agreed.

"No, I don't Jack. I think they're-"

"-there be me scurvy dogs! Arrr!" Rudy cut Milton off, popping up from beside me in a pirate costume.

"Yep. A little weird," Milton gave in as me and Jack gave him a 'really?' look.

"Rudy. See you're really into Pirate Fest huh? You got the boots, the pantaloons, the-"

"-yeah," Rudy cut Jack off. "I had the barber duct tape a couple of hooks to my hands."

"I'm glad you enjoy the festival thing, but how in the world are you gonna go to the bathroom with those things?" I asked.

"I did not think this through," Rudy admitted. 

"I'm back and I got 'em," Jerry announced.

"Cami, you get the brush, Milton, you get the muzzle, and I'll get the flea shampoo," Jack ordered making us start checking through Jerry's head.

"No, I don't have fleas again, guys!" Jerry insisted, slapping our hands away. "No, I got Mama G's tamales." I wasted no time shoving Jack and Milton away, grabbing the box of Mexican food. I hummed in satisfaction, eating the tamales in peace. "I went all the way to Arizona to get them and it was so worth it."

"Why would you go all the way to Arizona for ground beef and soggy-" Jerry cut Milton off by shoving a tamale in his mouth. Milton's eyes widened as he started walking away.

"Milton, where're you going?" Rudy asked.

"Arizona!" Milton answered making me and Jerry smirk and nod.

"Milton, relax. You're not going to Arizona- ow!" Jack screamed in pain as Milton quickly put him in an armlock.

"If I have to, I will take your arm with me," Milton threatened as Jack patted his shoulder, indicating he wanted to be released. Milton threw Jack's arm down, heading to his car for a trip to Arizona.

"Word to the wise, don't come between a man and his Mama G tamales. It doesn't end well," I advised, massaging Jack's, now injured, arm. Jerry pointed at me, nodding in agreement before following Milton to the car.

"Be warned! This warf is cursed!" a loopy old man 'warned'.

"I hear that. You can't get a date either?" Rudy guessed.

"That's not the warf's fault, hon," I deadpanned.

"300 years ago a lunar eclipse caused Longshanks to crash into these very shores! Beware the eclipse. It returns tonight! And so will Longshanks, to take revenge anyone who is found on this cursed warf! Beware!" the loony old man yelled before walking away.