•49•

||MEET THE MCKRUPNICKS||

|CAMI

Me and Jack were relaxing together on the stack of mats that are usually against the wall next to the entry structure. Jerry came up to us with an upset look. "I can't believe I'm spending my vacation at the Animal Park, sitting behind an elephant, waiting to pass the zoo director's cell phone," he complained making me and Jack grimace.

"That's disgusting," I grimaced.

"Could be worse," Jack shrugged.

"Oh it is. I have to call him when I find it," Jerry told us making us grimace even more.

"Milton's so lucky. He gets to spend his vacation in Scotland to visit his family," I sighed, getting off the mats.

"No, no. He's not going anymore. His dad had some work thing come up," Jack shook his head, getting up to get behind me. We stayed quiet for a second before an annoying noise interrupted it.

"What is that awful sound?" I asked.

"Sounds like a dying donkey," Jack replied. Rudy came in with bagpipes and a radio on his back.

"Takes people years to learn how to play one of these things," Rudy told us, looking at Milton before gesturing to the radio. Milton turned it off as Rudy continued. "Suckers."

"What's with the vacuum cleaner?" Jerry asked.

"They're bagpipes," Milton corrected. "They're a traditional instrument to my mother country Scotland."

"Wait, I thought you weren't going," I recalled Jack's previous statement.

"Oh I wasn't. But the first class tickets were nonrefundable, so I convinced my parents to let me turn them into 5 coach tickets," Milton revealed.

"Which means, we're all going to Scotland!" Rudy exclaimed.

"What?! No way! I've always wanted to go!" I cheered. "Wait, but what about Kim?"

"Kim's going on a vacation to the San Fransisco fault line with her family for her little sister's school project," Milton shrugged. "Anyway, we're staying with my grandfather at our family castle and we can even wear kilts!" I saw Jack struggling with the bagpipes.

"Whatcha doin' there, babe?" I discreetly asked.

"I've always wanted to learn how to play the bagpipes," he answered continuing to struggle.

"What's a kilt?" I heard Jerry ask making me return to the previous conversation.

"It's like a skirt for men," Milton responded.

"I'm in," Jerry automatically agreed.

"Hey uh Jack. I think you're blowing too much air into that. It looks the bagpipes is preparing to have baby bagpipes," I warned watching as he blew into the instrument.

"No, I'm trying to build up the pressure. It's all clogged," Jack excused. Jack continued blowing into it, making the baby bump bigger until it popped. "Sorry."

•••

"Thank you for picking us up from the airport Grandpa McKrupnick," I thanked as he led us into his castle. "We could've taken a cab."

"No, then we would've missed out on the 8 hour ride on the manure wagon," Rudy sarcastically spoke.

"You're here at an exciting time! Tonight, we have the banquet! And tomorrow we start the Great Games!" Grandpa McKrupnick exclaimed.