•74•

||FULL METAL JACK||

|CAMI

"Come on, Jack. You don't need to find a team. We're your team," Milton tried again. Milton and Jerry were trying to convince Jack to let them be his paintball team. I was just bored and decided to see how things would play out.

"Guys, the Commando Battle is the most elite paintball tournament in the country. I really wanna win, but, no offense, I'm not sure you guys are up to it," Jack sighed. I sat on the bench Jack put the paintball stuff on, searching through the bag curiously.

"Seriously?" Jerry asked as Jack's hands joined mine in the paintball bag. "I share one bathroom with 7 sisters. It's a war zone of curling irons, hair nets, and zit cream."

"And then there's all of his sister's stuff," I added.

"This is serious, guys. The team from the Southold Military Academy has won for 4 straight years," Jack reasoned.

"Oh come on, Jack. You'll be our team leader and we'll follow any order you give us," Milton pressed.

"You guys really wanna do this?" Jack asked making the boys nod. "Ok, fine. But from now on I'm not your friend, Jack. I'm Sergeant Jack.  I'm gonna spend the next 3 hours showing you how to use your paintball guns."

"Aw let's do this," Milton smiled, taking a gun Jack gave him and Jerry. "But first I'm gonna go to the deli and grab a little nosh."

"Milton!" Jack stopped him.

"Seriously Jack? 3 hours? I mean, it's a paintball gun, I think we all know how to fire-" Jerry cut himself off after accidentally shooting Milton in the face with a paintball. "Yeah no. 3 hours sound about right."

•••

I woke up to a fanfare, still in bed, but not in my room. I was, somehow, in the dojo, still in my pajamas which consisted of Jack's sweatshirt and his boxers. Yeah, I wear Jack's clothes a lot more than my own at this point. Jerry and Milton, who also happened to be here, screamed and popped out of bed. I, on the other hand, groaned and shoved my head under my pillow. "Rise and shine, ladies!" Jack's voice rang.

"Oh no, there's ladies here?" I heard Milton ask. "Wait a minute. I went to sleep at home. How did I get here?"

"I had a dream where I was picked up and carried away by a beautiful Sasquatch," Jerry responded as I finally got up.

"I had the same dream," Milton realized.

"Jack," I growled.

"You," the boys overlapped.

"Get in line maggots!" Jack ordered.

"Excuse me?" I asked as the boys quickly lined up. Jack harshly pulled me into the locker room, his demeanor changing quickly.

"I'm sorry. Please don't be mad," Jack pled.

"I won't be if you tell me why I'm here in the first place," I replied.

"Well, me and the guys are probably gonna be training all day and I wanted to spend time with you. Please don't be mad," Jack pled again.