•44•

||OH, CHRISTMAS NUTS!||

|CAMI

"Don't do it. Seriously, you're gonna break your hand," Milton tried stopping Jack.

"I'm with Milton on this one. You're gonna get hurt," I agreed.

"I can do this," Jack assured, trying to break Milton's fruitcake he brought in. I may be new to Christmas around here, but Jerry gets these fruitcakes too. He tried eating one once and ended up having to go to the dentist because his tooth snapped in half. Jack winced, retracting his hand from the cake. "Your nana makes one tough fruit cake," Jack deadpanned. "How does your family eat that?"

"We don't," Milton replied, huffing as he tried lifting up the cake. "My dad wedged last year's behind the wheel of our camper so it wouldn't roll down the driveway." Milton maneuvered over to the trash can, dumping the cake into it.

"Kim, you sure we shouldn't ask Rudy to help us decorate the dojo window for Christmas?" Eddie asked as he walked in with Kim. That's right. Kim's back! Carlos' country wide tournaments ended last week, so Kim is back and better than ever. Thank god she jumped around the dojos too or she wouldn't be nearly as good as she was before.

"Yeah, trust me. He doesn't really have an eye for it," Kim answered Eddie. Rudy came up to us laughing weirdly.

"Look what I did," Rudy held up a green toilet seat with a red ribbon on the top. "I made this beautiful festive wreath out of our toilet seat."

"I don't suggest you ask him for help," I muttered to Eddie and Kim who nodded.

"Come on, get in here," I heard Joan say with a mix of Jerry's groans as she dragged him into the dojo. "Tell 'em whatcha did, you."

"I accidentally used my dad's pressure washer to get rid of the line of people in front of the electronic store," Jerry gave in.

"Doesn't he put that thing under the tractor which is next to the random boulder behind your mom's car?" I asked.

"Yeah," Jerry nodded.

"He blew some nerd right out of his loafers," Joan sighed. "Ha ha ha. Nerds." Joan walked out of the dojo, leaving us with my delinquent cousin.

"So, did you get the Road Demon or not?" Milton asked excitedly, approaching Jerry.

"No. They didn't have any left!" Jerry exclaimed angrily.

"What exactly is a road demon?" Rudy asked.

"Only the hottest Christmas present this year," Jack responded, turning to Rudy. "It's a high tech, remote controlled, futuristic combat tank. I'm telling you, I want one so bad, Christmas isn't gonna be Christmas if I don't get a Road Demon."

"Dude, if I wake up and there's not one under my tree, oh ho ho is gonna be on," Jerry glared at nothing. Me, Jack, Jerry, and Milton all started overlapping with words about the Road Demon. Yes, I want one. Don't judge me.

"Guys! Christmas isn't about getting a remote controlled Road Demon," Rudy intervened.

"He's right," Milton agreed. "It's also about getting a pony! Yeehaw!" Me, Jack, and Jerry decided to ignore Milton and continue our overlapping.

"Guys! Christmas isn't about getting things. Alright, it's about being filled with the spirit," Rudy intervened again.

"Yeah, that's right Rudy. I mean, me and Eddie got here early to decorate the dojo window," Kim supported. "Because we got the spirit."

"I got the holly jollies and I got 'em bad," Eddie said.

"Eddie, honey. Don't say that. It's not exactly, what's the word?" I trailed off. "Appealing."