•30•

||INDIANA EDDIE||

|CAMI

"Last day of school! Woo! Until summer school. Woo," Jerry whooped, happily then sadly, as he jogged up to me, Jack, and Milton who were conversing in front of Jack's locker. "Yo Milton. Jack's not trying anything on Cami, is he?"

"No," Milton shrugged as I rolled my eyes. Ever since the 'eye kissing' incident, he'd ask if Jack 'tried' anything on me to anyone who was there with us. As a result, me and Jack have been spending less time together, trying to mellow out Jerry's smothering. "Anyway, I've got to find a way to get my Venus Flytrap home for the summer."

"It's just a plant dude. Take it home," Jerry laughed.

"I've been growing it hydroponically with a synthetic photosynthesis light since the first day of school," Milton informed us. "And it's pretty huge."

"It's not even eating flies anymore. It's eating meatballs," Jack added. "Cami makes them."

"Watch it," Jerry reminded him.

"What did he say wrong?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just heard your name come out of his mouth, so I switched to protective cousin mode," Jerry replied.

"Oh my god," I groaned, banging my head on Jack's locker.

"And a plant that eats meatballs? Do you seriously think I'd believe that?" Jerry scoffed. Jerry opened Milton's locker. He was greeted with meatball pieces and a burp, proving Jack's statement. "Yup, that's definitely a Cami meatball."

"What makes it a Cami meatball?" Milton asked.

"She makes them with more butter. She says it gives it the salt it's missing," Jerry answered.

"She's not wrong," Jack nodded as he took a meatball from the tray.

"Watch it," Jerry growled.

"He didn't say anything wrong!" I yelled. "Dios mios!" (Translation: My god!)

"Hey, did you guys get your end of the year career evaluations from the guidance counselor?" Kim asked as she approached us. She returned from the cruise over the weekend with a bunch of fluffy stories between her and Carlos. My favorite being the one where Carlos surprised her with a beach side picnic in Maui.

"Yes I did and they're a joke," Milton replied. "Mine says I'm best suited to be a farmer. I'm allergic to cows, terrified of hay, and, seriously, do these shoulders look like they could hold up overalls?"

"I didn't even pick mine up. No one believes a word those things say," Jack scoffed. Eddie came running up to us with his evaluation in hand.

"I just got my career evaluation! I believe every word that this thing says!" Eddie exclaimed.

"I guess that proves you wrong," I told Jack.

"Really?" Kim asked.

"Yup. You're looking at a new Eddie. I'm gonna be an archeologist baby!" Eddie beamed. "I'll be discovering lost cities, traveling the high seas, navigating the globe! And now! To Spanish class!" Eddie rushed off to Spanish class up the stairs, which is odd because Spanish is down the hall.

"Uh Eddie? Your Spanish class is that way," Jack pointed down the hall.

"I knew that," Eddie assured, walking down the hall.

"Alright, see ya guys after school," I waved. "Me and Jack are gonna go to Science."

"Don't try anything," Jerry warned again.