Chapter Nine

(Eric will be played in the image of Callan McAuliffe in the photo above)

Julian

"Hi, I'm Diana Simmonds and you're watching the 7 o'clock morning news. Breaking news, today's just in has been reported that there's been a recent kidnap and possible murder situation. A 32-year-old woman by the name of Cheryl Brooke Anderson was last seen a week ago in her workplace. Her car was left at the crime scene. Nobody has heard nor seen her. She was last seen wearing a red dress and red heels. If you saw, know, or heard anything, please call the number on your screen below. There will be a picture of her posted right on your screens. I am Diana Simmonds, and this concludes our morning announcements. Thank you." Said the news reporter.

(Cheryl is played by Keira Knightley)

It was early morning as I sipped my fresh cup of coffee, sitting in my living room, watching the news. So, she made the news. I was starting to think nobody cared about her. Luckily for me, they won't be able to find the body. Cheryl's death being discovered was the least of my concerns. They have no evidence, fingerprints, or any leads, I made sure of it. So I have better things to do with my time. Like, for starters, figuring out just who this Eric was. He's been on my mind since I've discovered him. Eliza didn't seem too happy about connecting with him, which I'm happy for because I was just as upset. What I don't understand is why is she around someone she doesn't particularly like? It doesn't make sense to me. She said she was okay that night, but I feel the need to reassure myself. I made a plan of what I'd do. My main objective for today was seeing Eliza, but also seeking information about this guy she was talking to. I could stop by her house. This time I'd have a reason, and it wouldn't seem odd this time. I am genuinely concerned for her and us together. I needed to make sure I still have a place that no other person can take from me. I would hate to kill another person, but I'd do what I feel I had to for her.

I spent my morning putting this plan into action. It was so simple, yet I had no idea how this would play out. I went over several scenarios in my head, but they all ended differently each time. Finally, I came to the conclusion the best way to know is to see it play out first hand. I wait around three o'clock in the afternoon before I made an appearance at Eliza's. I sat in my car, parked in front of her home. I counted the days from the last time we've seen each other, the last time we spoke. It's been exactly five days since our last encounter and she hasn't reached out to me yet. I didn't know what I expected from her. I just wanted to be closer to her than where we are now. I know I have to give this time for it all to happen, but a day without her feels like an eternity in hell—maybe I should have specified, too, that giving her my number meant I was interested in more. Maybe she's playing hard to get. She wants me to take the extra mile and I will.

I got out of the car and walked up to the house. This would be my tenth time here, three times with her aware and other times, on my own account. I noticed an electric-blue Jeep parked in the driveway. I hadn't seen this car before, well actually I've never seen anyone here. She was always by herself, when I'd catch her, which gave me the impression she must live alone. I wondered who's car it was. I knew it couldn't be hers because she doesn't have a car — I knew it had to be someone else's. Climbing the short steps, reaching the front door and knocking. I stood there patiently, waiting ten minutes, and when it passed, I knocked again. There was a moment of silence before I heard a click and the twisting of a knob. Excitement rushed through me. Aching to meet her beautiful face again. The door swung open and, to my surprise and horror; I was greeted by a guy. The grin on my face vanished when it'd been someone I was not expected to meet. I examined him his appearance. He was shorter than me and scrawny. He lacked taste in clothes, black jeans with a white wife-beater shirt. His hair was straight, a short-length and sun-kissed shade. and the shade of his eyes were a dark brown, resembled the color of wet earth. A beard of stubble outlining his round jaw. He seemed young, maybe in his early to mid-20s.

I heard a clearing of a throat. He shot me a weird look. "Who are you?" He asks.
"Um, I'm Julian, is... Eliza here?" I got right to the point. I didn't care for him, let alone to speak to him. I wasn't here for him. He eyed me suspiciously, looking as if he was trying to read me. I stood there, waiting for a response. I wonder what his deal was. After what seemed like forever, he says, "I haven't seen you around here before." Likewise, neither have I. This guy was starting to irritate the fuck out of me. I inhaled a sharp breath. "We've met recently."
"Alright man, whatever you say. Where are you from?" He pressed for information. I don't know who he thought he was, but I wasn't telling him shit. In fact, fuck this guy. I have had enough. The last thing I want is to lose my shit and scare away Eliza, but he's beyond pissed me off. I could tell his type. He wants to dominate, to have people cowering in his presence, but he hasn't met me, let alone know what I'm capable of. I stepped toward him, I stared him down in the eyes, narrowing mine, giving a look that was so deadly I could pierce him in his soul if I wanted. "What's your fucking problem?" I growled at him through gritted teeth. I was impressed. He didn't back down, either. Maybe I could call his bluff. The tension increased between us.
"Eric?"
Suddenly, I heard a familiar, soft voice. Right away, I knew that was Eliza. I looked past him, seeing her small figure standing behind him.
"Eric, who are you — Julian?"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I hope this was a decent chapter.

If you enjoyed it,

please vote and comment.

Thank you! ❤🖤❤