Chapter Thirteen

*Trigger Warning*
This chapter contains abuse and sexual assault, please be advised.

Julian

"Krista!" Ten-year-old me called out. I had been walking around the house looking for Krista. We were playing hide and go seek. Whenever we played, Krista was always the easiest to find. She'd hide in the simplest places, like the living room coat closet or underneath her bed. However, today we played and this time she was much harder to find. I'd been at this for about twenty minutes, which was really longer than usual. Sometimes she'd disappear throughout the day even when we're not playing and then out of nowhere she pops up and it was weird.

"Kriiissstaaa, where are yooou?" I called out once again, tip-toed upstairs. I reached the top step and began my search around again. There were only three bedrooms upstairs, so the only places she could hide were my room, hers, or our dad's and her mom's room. I decided to check my bedroom first. I walked in slowly and quietly. My eyes scanned the room, keeping them peeled for anything suspicious. I kneeled down to check underneath my bed, there was nothing. I got up and made my way over to my clothes closet. My hand landed on the knob and I twisted it carefully before I opened it to reveal my clothes on the hangers and nothing else. I was starting to get frustrated. This was supposed to be hide and seek, not a scavenger hunt. "Ugh, where could she be?" I say aloud. I stood in the middle of my room, right in front of the doorway. Krista's room was right across from mine. A devious grin plastered on my face. If she'd hideout anywhere, wouldn't it be her own room? I glanced over at her door and noticed a shadow of movement underneath. "So predictable." I whispered. I tip-toed across the hall to krista's room. I knew she was in there, I was sure of it. When I reached her door, I could hear heavy panting on the other side. That only confirmed what I already knew. I was definitely sure that Krista was in there now. I was on to her.

I twisted the knob slowly, pushing the door just slightly open, and peeked through the crack. I didn't want to alarm her right away, but what I saw was something that caught me off guard. All the color drained from my face as I saw what was happening in front of me. Our Dad was on top of Krista on her carpeted floor, moving himself on her. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but it didn't look right. I pushed the door open more, trying to get a better look at what was going on, but I lost my balance and fell right into the room. Immediately he made eye contact with me and quickly got off of Krista, who was half naked, covered in tears and shaking. I, too, was scared. He rushed to fix the buckle on his dark blue jeans and charged towards me while I started to back out. "S-sorry, I-I-"
He snatched me by the collar of my mustard yellow shirt with Lightning McQueen on it from the movie, 'Cars,' forcefully and yanked me close to him. "You better not say a word to anyone about what you just saw, boy, do you understand?" He demanded, his glassy eyes, brown like tree bark, they were threatening.
"D-Dad, please." I choked, nearly peeing myself. His palm instantly made contact with my cheek—the sting of the slap lingered, and I was sure it was going to leave a print. "Do you hear me, boy?! Don't make me repeat myself!" He shouted at me, shaking me with every word he spoke.
"Yes!" I cried out, even though I didn't understand what was going on enough to tell anyone. All I knew was that whatever was happening before couldn't be good because Krista was crying and she looked so scared. He threw me onto the floor and began kicking me in the stomach. I let out a loud, painful groan. "This is to make sure you won't say a word." He said, while kicking me. "That goes for you too, Krista. You say anything and your brother will pay for it and it'll be worse than what you can imagine."

My eyes shot open. I was panting hard. My body was covered in sweat. It's been so long since I've had a nightmare about our piece of shit father, and I had no idea why I would have one now. I hated him. He was never a real father, hell he wasn't even a man. He always talked about doing what was necessary to become a man, but the fact of the matter was he was just a sick bastard that enjoyed terrorizing his own family for his pleasure. It was like a game to him. I fight so hard not to become like him. I can't be.

I sat up in bed, running a hand through my hair before pulling back the cover, exposing my toned abs and my plain, black pajama pants. I stepped out of bed, my feet hitting the dark, warm hardwood floor gently. I reached for my phone, taking it off the nightstand and turned on the screen. Squinting my eyes at the bright light on my screen. I could make out it was four in the morning. "Shit." I mumbled, shutting off the screen and setting it back down. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a tall glass cup from the cabinet. Next, I went to the faucet and turned on the cold water. I ran it for a while before dipping my cup underneath the faucet and filling the glass. I turned it off and took a sip of my water. I stood there in the kitchen, holding the cup in my hand, thinking back to the events of that day.

"Ahh! D-dad... st... op..." I choked, hurled over in a fetal position. I spat up a little blood from the blows I received to the stomach. Finally, he stopped. His tall figure towered over me, panting hard, just like he was when he was with Krista. I could barely make out his face. My vision was blurred from the tears that pricked my eyes. "That... should do it." Dad said, out of breath. He stepped over my body and walked over to Krista, who started to scream. I watched Dad as he snatched her up by her little arms and backhanded her to the ground. Krista began to sob hard. "Shut up, you little brat! Do you want to end up like your brother?!"
"No, daddy No! I'll be good... please... I'll be good," she pleaded.
"Then behave like a good girl and give Daddy what he wants." He told her, letting go. Krista continued to sob-her small body trembled as she hesitantly laid back on the floor while Dad undid his pants again. He started moving on top of her again and groaning in a way that sounded like he was enjoying it while Krista cried uncontrollably. I could tell she was scared out of her mind. All I wanted to do was help her, save her from this monster, but I was helpless and so was she. We didn't stand a chance against him. I remained there on the floor. I was in too much pain to do anything, forced to hear my little sister's cries and pleas while our dad had his way with her.

Without realizing it, I was squeezing the cup I held in my hand. The glass shattered and pieces scattered onto the floor everywhere. The water, mixed with my blood, covered my hand and dripped onto the floor. "Fuck!" I shrieked in pain. I rushed to the sink and turned on the faucet and put my hand underneath the cold water, rinsing off the blood. I shut off the water and picked out the tiny shards of glass in my hand before I reached for the dry towel on the counter next to the sink, wrapping my hand up in it. I sighed, turning to leaning back against the cold, hard edge of the counter on the other side of the sink.

It didn't take until I was older, when I understood what he was doing to her. I thought, how sick could he be to rape his own daughter? She was just a child, a sweet little girl, and he hurt her. The worst of it was that wasn't the first time. As she grew, I learned about the other times. From five years old to ten. Whenever I think about that, all I think about is how badly I wanted to protect Krista, but I failed her for so long, just like I keep doing now.
Tears dared to sting my eyes, but I blinked them away.
I saved her, eventually, but it was too late. So much damage was already done and I couldn't take away the mental damage she experienced. I was too cowardly to stand up to my father, only if I had done it sooner... But the day I did stand up to him was the day I knew I became a man far from what I knew him to be.

I love my sister and all I have ever tried to do was just protecting her and be there for her, but I think now I might have lost her instead.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

So this was a filler chapter and I made it a filler because I didn't want to rush into the whole plot with Eric so soon. I want you guys to be ready for what's coming and build up that intense feeling. Another reason I wrote this chapter is because I also wanted to give more background for Julian and Krista, so I thought this would be a good way to do it.

If you enjoyed this chapter,

please vote and comment.

Thank you!! ❤🖤❤