Chapter Fourteen

Julian

It was a late afternoon. I sat in my living room, on my lovely cream white sofa. Dressed in my usual attire, a simple black t-shirt that showed off my biceps nicely, and my dark gray jeans. Though I wasn't doing much today; I felt the need to be ready for anything. To the right of me was a half-bag of eaten barbecue potato chips. I took a few chips at a time, slightly tilting my head back and lifted my arm up, dropped them into my mouth. While I chewed, I clicked away on my matte black Microsoft Surface laptop. Searching the web.

My plan for the other day was a bust. I didn't get any information on Eric as I had hoped. I only ended up wanting to kill him instead. Eliza didn't feed me much information on him, except one piece that I wish she hadn't shared, but on the other hand I'm kind of glad she did because now I know I have to get Eric out of the way somehow. As much as I want to take the easiest way and just off him. I actually want to give him a fair chance of walking away. If he leaves Eliza alone, well, then I'll give him whatever he wants, so with that being said, I need a bargaining chip. A piece of information, one that's most important to him or maybe a person that's close. I know there has to be something I can use. I could try to take him, bargain his freedom for Eliza, but to me, that just doesn't seem like enough. He can easily turn on me the second I let him go and then what good would that do me? I wouldn't know his motives and I can't trust his word. Not to mention how I'd kidnap a grown man. I've never even crossed that line before. I think I'll leave that option for a Plan B. For now, we'll stick with the bargaining chip.

I start by searching for his name in my Google search bar. I wasn't all too familiar with social media, it wasn't much of my thing as far as my blog. So, this was where I'd start. The search brought up endless names, so I thought I'd go back and specify the location. Once I did, the names were pretty much narrowed down by a huge amount. However, I'm still left with quite a few names on the list and it doesn't help that I only have a first name basis to go off of. So this mission required just a little more digging.

What I did know about social media was how easiest it was to find someone, especially one that is hard to find. I decided if I would have any luck I'll have to get creative, a bit more up to date. So, I chose one of the most famous social media sites there is known for finding someone. Facebook. If there isn't a place in this world to find someone, you can most definitely find them there. I went onto the app via the website and created an account, which took longer than it should have. I mean, they really want to know a lot. When my account was officially set, I began my searching again. Typing the name into the search bar. This app was neat. I was able to pinpoint on the map the exact location I was targeting. Different people with the name Eric popped up. Most didn't have profile pictures, but I scrolled and scrolled until my eyes landed on a profile with a picture and a familiar face that caught my eye. I tapped to view the account. When it loaded, a devious smirk formed in the corner of my lips. This was it. I had found him. His name, Eric Noxen. What a shitty name. On a different note, I was highly intrigued and eager to see what I could find out about him. Starving for information. I take a scroll through his profile. Dipping and dabbing into anything I could, his amount of friends, posts, etcetera, and I came across nothing. I mean, you'd think this guy would actually have a life or something.

What kind of guy is this? Why would Eliza be involved with someone so caged? He can be dangerous, especially for her. This was not a smart decision of yours.

I had to find something to tie me to him. Eliza could be in trouble. I gave one more shot at it. Scrolling through his pictures, not seeing that option for the first time. I then came across a picture of a little girl. She had long, dark chestnut brown curls that sat on her shoulders. A smaller, but similar pair of chocolate brown eyes and fair skin. In the caption underneath the picture it read, "Happy seventh birthday to my beautiful daughter, Emelise!"
Holy shit. I was not expecting to find that. You have a daughter, a seven-year-old daughter. No, this didn't give me much to go on about, but it was enough, in a sense. I had someone he cared for, and that was a start. Now, it might be easier to kidnap a little girl. If I could get my hands on her, maybe she could tell me something about her dad and I could use her to my advantage. Luckily for me, the photo was recent. Posted just days ago. I downloaded the photo from his account and used my tracker app to trace it back to its exact location, from where it was taken. It wasn't hard, since in the picture there was a big, white house with pink rose bushes in the yard, and clean-cut, fresh grass like the color of blossoming leaves in the spring, in the background. It was definitely a scenery, I can't overlook art when I see it.

I flashed a devilish smile, my teeth showing just a little. Fate is working in our favor, Eliza, and I couldn't be prouder. It led me to Eric and his daughter. Now, it's just a matter of time before I have her.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

So, what do you guys think? This is a start to a whole new plot, I am introducing into the story. I felt like Eric needed some depth to his character, so here it is, it will soon get back to Eliza. Julian's not done with her. I'll be showing Emelise in the next chapter!

If you enjoyed it,

please vote and comment.

Thank you!!

P. S. Thank you guys also for the 2k+ reads!!!❤🖤❤