Chapter Thirty · Three

Julian

It was a quarter til ten, and here I was on a Sunday night with Eliza. She and I have been spending quite a bit of time together and it has been better than I ever dreamt. Just seeing her face in reality and getting to touch her
sometimes it doesn't even feel real.

I had to say we were growing much closer lately, well, at least I thought. At least I hoped. Sure, it's fine spending time with her, but being in this spot of not knowing what we are is... not working for me. Yes, I know. I'm probably moving way too fast. I need patience and I'm trying to have it for Eliza. After all, that's not how destiny works, and believe me; I know we are destined. Unlike Laura and I, I thought what Laura and I had was love, but in reality; it was just the idea of it. I was too caught up in her beauty to realize we were just too different. I expected too much of her than she was able to give. In the end, she never was and never could be what I wanted. What I needed, but that's not the case here with Eliza. I see more than just a pretty face. I see a wife, the mother of our future children, us growing old together.

I smiled at the thought of us being an old married couple, sitting on a porch, staring out into the world, and living on our last days of life. I snapped out of my thoughts, turning my head toward Eliza and stealing a glance at her. Her eyes were glued to the TV screen. We'd been watching the movie, "Twilight," not exactly my ideal choice. But I'd do anything for her even if that meant I had to sit and endure the torture of some sappy, unrealistic love story that makes zero sense, and a guy who can't take a hint that this girl is not for him. For the few minutes I did pay attention to the movie, I have yet to see why either of these guys would want this girl. There's nothing remotely special about Bella, and I didn't see how Eliza could enjoy this, either. I was bored.

I wrapped an arm around her torso, pulling her into my side and gently placing kisses on her neck. Watching her from the corner of my eye, I could see her biting back a moan and I smirked against her skin before hooking a finger onto the thin strap of her tank top and pulling it down, then trailing more kisses along her shoulder. I heard her gasp as my lips touched a delicate spot on her body. "Juliann," she called. I brought my lips to her ear. "Elizaa." I cooed seductively. She giggled, throwing back a piece of popcorn into her mouth and replied with, "Julian, come on... that tickles." However, I didn't say a word; instead I smiled and kept kissing her body, making my way down to her collarbone. "Julian," again, she called my name, only less playfully, and when I ignored her, she sighed. "I know you hear me. I thought we were going to watch the movie."

I stopped for a moment, then responded, "Well, we were but, then... you became more interesting... than that did," I pointed to the screen. Afterwards, I pulled back the ripple-like strands of her hair that were covering part of her face, then turned her head toward me, and leaned in, pressing my lips to hers, giving a deep, passionate kiss. To my surprise, she kissed me back, releasing a soft moan into my mouth. Finally, no distractions. Taking advantage of this moment, I slipped a hand in between her thighs, spreading apart her legs and propping one onto my lap. I then stuck a hand down into her shorts, with my fingers on the rim of her panties. I was almost inside until she put a hand on mine, stopping me. "Aww, come on..." I groaned in annoyance. "No, Julian, I meant what I said about not having sex." Eliza said sternly, pulling her strap back onto her shoulder and getting up, leaving me alone on the sofa. I watched her as she went over to the lamp and turned it on.

I leaned forward, resting an elbow on the knee and ran a hand through my hair. "I thought we were watching the movie." Standing by the lamp, she looks at me as she crosses her arms over her chest. "You weren't even paying attention," she states and quickly, I protested. "No, I was. I was... watching." I knew I hadn't been, but for some reason I felt I had to lie. Eliza stared at me for a moment, unconvinced. In my mind, I hoped she doesn't press the situation any further. "What scene were we just watching?" She quizzed. Shit. I sat there thinking, trying to come up with answer and when I couldn't, she sighed, shooting me a disappointed look. "See, I knew you wasn't watching." Right then, my lips broke into a smile. I just couldn't help it, she was so beautiful even when upset. "Come here." I instructed. Slowly, she began taking steps toward me and when she approached, I patted the seat next to me. Dropping her arms to her sides, she takes a seat.

I faced her and stared directly into her eyes. "I'm... sorry, okay? I didn't mean to upset you. I just can't seem to help myself when I'm around you and... I know it's... not an excuse, but it's the truth." I admit. Her face softened, but it wasn't exactly readable. "Julian," she spoke softly. "I enjoy being with you, too. I just don't want to jump into being physical so quickly. I mean, I think we should take things... slower. I guess I just want something... authentic." I reached over and took her hand in mine. This was now my chance to tell her how I'd always felt for her and I was going to do it. I had to. My lips parted and words began to pour from them. "Eliza... I... don't want just sex from you, either. I am and have been into you for a little while now. The reason I haven't said anything or made a move is because I wanted to be sure you saw me that way, but now that I am, I want you to be mine." I told her.

Her lips parted open just ever so slightly, her eyes searching mine, and I let her, boring them into hers. "Really? Isn't it... too soon?" She asks, and I let out a chuckle. "I think we're past all the other stuff. I mean, we've already slept together and we've gone out, done things together. I'd say it's... overdue." Eliza bit the bottom of her lip. She seemed to be in deep thought. I wanted to give her time, but I really wanted her to answer, "So?" I say, hoping to speed up her decision. Just say yes, it's three letters and one word. "Sorry, I'm just nervous right now. I want to-" I placed a finger to her lips. "Just. Say. Yes." I insisted. She smiled, then slowly nodded. I moved my finger away, wanting her to hear her say the words. "Yes. Yes, I'll be your girlfriend, Julian." My eyes lit up, and I smiled big. "Yes! All mine!" I cheered, wasting no time in pulling her into a tight hug, and she laughed as I planted the biggest and wettest kisses all over her face. Being here with her in this moment felt so right that there was nothing that could go wrong.

All of a sudden, two high-pitched bell sounds loudly erupted, filling the room and disrupting our moment. We pulled apart and Eliza turned her head, focusing her attention on something. I glanced out the corner of my eye and noticed the light emitting from her phone screen. So that's what she's looking at. Someone must've texted her, and I wondered who. I shifted my gaze back to her, then asked. "Did you want to get that?" Her eyebrows knitted closely together. I could tell she was contemplating it. "You can if you want. It's okay." I told her. I was eager to know who it was myself, and I was hoping she'd tell me. Whatever it was, better be a good reason. "It'll just take a quick second." She assured me, pulling strands behind her ear, then turned back to me, placing a peck on my lips. I gladly returned it.

Eliza then leaned over and reached for her cell phone from the coffee table. Once she had it, she turned on the screen. "It's just two messages from Becca–you know what? It's probably nothing serious. I can just look at those later." She said while setting her phone back down, but as soon as she did, another ding rang through our ears.

"You should check it, you know, just to be sure." I advised. Nodding in agreement, she grabbed her phone again and opened it up. I concentrated on her, watching the way her eyes moved across the screen. In the reflection of them, I could see the chat bubbles, so I knew she was reading the messages. I sat in silence, waiting for her to be done, so that we could get back to us. Suddenly, an alarming gasp slipped through her lips, which made me frown. I then saw her mouth the words, "Oh my God," and directly after, she clasped a hand over her mouth. What the hell is going on?

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

What do you think happened?

Thoughts on them making it official?

If you enjoyed this chapter,

please vote and comment.

Thank you! ❤🖤❤