Chapter Ten

Julian

"Julian?" Said Eliza, confusion and surprise written on her face.
My attention remained on Eliza, her beautiful face. I admired her porcelain skin that the tank top she was wearing exposed. The way her curls cascade around her shoulders and face, framing the heart shape of it exquisitely. I could never get enough of her.
Eric cleared his throat, and that's when I remember he was even there. I had forgotten all about him. I relaxed my hands by my sides. She stepped onto her porch, then pulled the guy back by the arm and stood between us. "Hey, hey what's going on?" She questioned, darting her attention from me to him. I looked at him as well, his cold stare never averted from me. "This guy says he knows you." He answered, looking at her. "Is that true?"
"Yes Eric, it is. I told you about him before."
A small smirk formed at the corner of my lips at the thought of her mentioning me.
"When?" He asks.
So, this was Eric. I have to say I'm not impressed.
"Oh my gosh, Eric! The night that you know...?" Her eyes softened, causing her to avert her attention. My heart ached at the sight of her doe eyes. I could sense the deep sadness she felt, because I'd felt it, too, myself. I should have killed those guys when I had a chance. 
"What night?"
"Fuck... Julian is the guy that saved me from those guys attacking me, you asshole." She blurted out. "Look, he's cool, I promise."
"Oh... oohh." He said with a chuckle.
What a fucking idiot. I still have yet to understand why you deal with someone like this, Eliza.
"Sorry man, can never be too careful," He says, sticking a hand out for me to shake. I side eyed him before opting to shake his hand.

What kind of sick joke is the universe playing on me right now?

I squeezed his hand and held gripped firmly, looking at him. I will end you. Eric groaned in pain, his face scrunched and turning red. Squeezing tighter, my lips pursing and my eyes darkened in color. "Julian, what are you doing?" Eliza asks, still there, watching intensely. I side eyed her, seeing her face covered with a look of worry. Eric's face and ears were a deep red. Eliza put her small hand on my arm as she says, "Julian, let him go, he didn't mean any harm."
I don't like him, Eliza, yet you're asking me to play nice? He wasted my time, time I could've had with you, but if that's what you want, then fine. I'll play nice. Suddenly, a smirk formed on my lips and I let go. "It's all good."
Eliza relaxed. Eric snatched back his hand, let out a wince, and said, "Ow. What the fuck?!" His face turned back to its natural rose beige complexion. He shot me an angry glare, his jaw clenched.
"Eric, please, go back inside and get some ice." She said. He eyed me once more before turning around and going inside. He mumbled something underneath his breath, but I couldn't make it out, however it seems Eliza heard it clearly by the change of her facial expression.

Eliza shut the door closed, leaving us alone on her porch. After, she leaned her back against the door and looked up at me. "I'm sorry for that... for him." She said with an apologetic smile. " 

My precious Eliza, there's no need to be sorry for such a pathetic waste of human life. "Don't mention it." Seriously, don't.

"Okay, well, what are you doing here, then?" 

"I... um, I came by to check on you, things... seemed intense between you and that dude the other night and I just felt the need to make sure you were safe." I explained. 

"Oh, shit. I should've called. I didn't realize how that must've sounded. I'm sorry for worrying you." 

Her sweet and gentle tone gave me butterflies. I loved the way it added to her innocent and delicate persona. She was something incredible. "No worries, I'm just doing my hero duties." I joked, flashing her a grin. She giggled. Now for the million dollar question. "So, what's up with that guy?" 

"Oh, nothing. He's not good with people, I guess. I usually mess around with him from time to time, but he's nothing important to worry about." She answered. I'm going to fucking kill him. My fists clenched and my jaw tightened. I frowned. Eliza was taken aback by my sudden change in actions and raised an eyebrow. "Hey, are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" 

She just caught me getting jealous. "I—I need to go," was all I said before turning on my heels and walked away. 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

If you enjoyed this chapter,

please vote and comment.

Thank you! ❤🖤❤