Chapter 15 The Duels Begin

Y/N POV

It had been a few hours of people going out and getting as many star chips as possible. Yugi and his group of friends had gone off to find their first dual, which meant Ashton, Cassie, and I had a dual to find ourselves. We managed to find a few unskilled players and each managed to gain two star chips, bringing us all to a total of three star chips. 

Once night rolled around we met back up with Yugi and his friends. "Hey everyone, how's the fire going?" I asked as we came to join the group. "Hey (y/n), why not join us? I don't think anyone is dueling at night," Yugi asked. "I am a little chilled, and that fire does look cozy," Cassie said as Ashton nodded in agreement. "Sure, we could all use a rest," I responded. I don't know if it's because he looks like Atem or if it's something else, but I cozied myself up to Yugi and felt him put his small arm around me warming me right up. As we talked, we started discussing our favorite cards, I felt drawn to one card in particular myself, the Dark Magician Girl, maybe it's because she looks like my dear old friend Mana or because she is the opposite of Yugi's Dark Magician, either way that's who I declared my favorite. 

Suddenly we heard rumbling in the bushes, and emerged Akafia! "Everyone get back!" I yelled jumping in front of everyone else. "Wait! What are you doing (y/n)? That's just Bakura. He's our friend," Joey shouted. "I am sorry for startling you," Bakura apologized as he joined our discussion. However, soon he revealed his true self with the Millennium Ring, and we were all pulled into the Shadow Realm. I was lost in the deck and wasn't pulled out until everyone else was activated already, I appeared as my favorite card Dark Magician Girl. "Yugi, if that's you over there as the Dark Magician, then who is..." I started asking before I was interrupted. "(y/n) look behind you!" Ashton shouted as he appeared as Gia the Knight. I turned and saw Atem... My Atem. "WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?" I shouted. "We're in a live shadow game (y/n), and we have to win or else we'll be in the Card Graveyard," Cassie said looking like the Allure Queen. After that explanation, I focused heavily on winning against Akafia. Soon the true Bakura was revealed as the change of heart card and caused a switch in the game allowing Atem to win, sending us back to the real world.