Chapter 7 A New Encounter

Your POV

I woke up with the feeling of someone holding me close. Opening my eyes I am greeted with the handsome face of the pharaoh. He looked so peaceful sleeping there and incredibly handsome now that I can see who he is. I study his face, I know I know this man, but I can't seem to think of how. I know he's the pharaoh I've been seeing in my visions and uncovered in the tomb, but I feel as if there is more than just that I know about him. Hopefully today I will get the answers that I seek.

I gently tried to move the pharaoh's hold on me so he doesn't wake. After wiggling out of his grip I step into my private bathroom and get a hot shower going. Stepping in I feel the steamy hot water relax my muscles and enjoy the feeling of the heat on my skin. Suddenly the shower curtain pulls back and I am face to face with the pharaoh, causing my face to go cherry red and try to cover as much of my body as I could! "WHAT THE HECK!?!?!" I screamed. The pharaoh then went bright red, wide eyed, and couldn't seem to look away. "I-I'm sorry, I heard a noise in here and I couldn't find you, so I wanted to make sure you were okay..." He stuttered out. "I'm fine, now please close the curtain!" I spit out quickly. "O-oh uh yeah sure!" He quickly excused himself and left. I finished my shower, got dressed and tied a red bandanna to my head. Leaving the bathroom the pharaoh was no where to be found. I guess he was too embarrassed to talk to me now... Maybe I will see him tonight and apologize for my outburst, he didn't mean any harm after all...

Timeskip to the worksite

 Reaching the worksite I was determined to find more clues as to who the pharaoh was and maybe unlock the mystery as to why I feel connected to him. "Hey (y/n) what's got you so motivated today?" Ash asked. "Lets just say I had a good nights sleep and I am ready to find some amazing discoveries today," I responded with a warm smile. "Well that's great to hear! I have a good feeling about today," he replied. 

With that Ash, Cassie, and I made our way back down into the tomb. Courtney and Adam were going to do more research on the Pharaoh back at the hotel, so they left me in charge of the group today. "Ugh, I am not going back in there! I got knocked on my perfect butt two days ago and I am not going to have that happen again,'' Ally complained. "I am not going back down there either, (Y/N) has a poltergeist protector, and that's his lair! I refuse!" Will yelled. I wasn't going to take their bull today. I walked right over to them grabbed their ears and dragged them into the tomb. 

We decided to explore that secret tunnel in the tomb that we found the first day we arrived. The further down we went the more elegant the tomb became, it was even more glorious than the pharaoh's part of the tomb. We finally reached the end of the tunnel with some interesting hieroglyphics on the entrance of this part of the tomb. Knowing Cassie's specialty for reading I asked her if she could translate it. "Sure thing, it says Dedicated to the Glorious Queen of Egypt, may she find her way back to her one and beloved Pharaoh," she said. "Even in death, the pharaoh wanted his love to find her way back to him, and had this room built for her after she died," Ash explained. "That's so sweet and romantic," Cassie said. "Really? You would say that Cassie. I think it's cheesy and lame. I mean, didn't that dude have multiple women to serve him when he wanted," Will said. "Personally I think all these riches in here were wasted on a dead woman," Ally said. "Would you two grow a heart. It's obvious that this pharaoh was deeply in love with his queen and wanted her to get the honor she deserved," I said glaring at them. Both of them just rolled their eyes and ignored me. 

We continued to clean up some of the queen's room and try to get any clues to what happened to the queen. I was a little further in from the group and was drawn into the darkness of the room. As I moved further in I ran right into a pedestal. Lifting my cellphone light to it, I see a gorgeous golden crown shine in the light. I felt drawn to it, like it was mine. I reached for it when suddenly a shadowy hand grasped my wrist. "Now now little snake, I wouldn't do that if I were you, after all, your not the queen anymore," the shadow said as it tightly squeezed my wrist. "Ouch! Pharaoh, why are you hurting me?" I whimpered. "Oh sweetie, I am not the pharaoh you have been with," he said with a dark chuckle. "Then who are you-," I tried to get out before the other hand covered my mouth and pulled me out of the tomb through the shadows. I soon felt myself go limp and fall into a dark slumber.

Atem's POV

I felt really embarrassed after my encounter with (y/n) this morning. I decided to leave her to herself after that and do her work today. While she did that I went to the room where my mummified self remained. I listened to the two doctor people talking about what they know of me and my past. Seems like their knowledge is even more limited that (Y/N)'s. 

Soon night came and the group (y/n) was with came back. Where was she though? "I bet (Y/N) skipped out to come back here and enjoy her royal treatment," the tan woman sneered, why does she have to be so disrespectful to (Y/N). I went up to (Y/N)'s room to see if she was there, yet she wasn't there either, where could she have gone? As I pondered for a moment the door burst open to reveal Shadi and he looked panicked. "Your majesty, (y/n) has been taken!" He yelled out of breath. "What do you mean taken," I questioned. "She was taken by the man who killed her in her previous life..." he said and my blood boiled. "Where is she," I demanded. "She's in his lair... and I think he intends to wipe her mind and make her his bride..." Shadi says. With that, I bolted out the door to try and save (Y/N), I have to save her and get my queen back... I need her to remember, I need her with me. 

Work clothing