Chapter 9 The Ceremony

Y/N POV

I was finally waking up from that dream, but it didn't feel like just a dream, it was a memory... My memory when I was (Y/E/N). I remember being in the garden with... Atem... his name is name. I remember his name! I was about to bolt up, when I felt my arms and legs pull back. "What's going on?" I questioned no one in particular. "Oh don't you remember? I brought you here my queen," A deep voice said from the shadows. "Who's there?" I asked. "I am surprised you remember that pathetic pharaoh, yet you don't remember me," the voice said as he stepped into the light. "You're Bakura!" I yelled angrily. He smirked and came closer, "Ah so you do remember me? Then you'll remember that I always get what I want, and right now I want you as my bride to take down that miserable pharaoh." "Like I would ever be with the thief king, I was right to leave you the first time! Halif can have you because I don't want you!" I growled. He then slapped me hard across the face. "You'll remember to watch yourself after the ceremony," He said. "What ceremony?" I questioned. "Just a ritual that will erase the pharaoh from your memory and make me the rightful heir to the throne and your heart," He smirked. I glared at him as he left to get everything ready for the ceremony, I prayed for Atem to come quickly. 

Atem's POV

Shadi had told us that Bakura was likely taking (Y/N) back to his hideout and going to use her to get to me. I can't let my queen get hurt, I promised to protect her. "Come on you four need to move faster!" I yelled at (y/n)'s friends. "We're trying, it's not like we're use to traveling through the desert so quickly," Ashtun yelled. I had forgotten that they were no longer themselves. Soon a bright light approached and stopped as it got close to us. "Hey you need help," a guy in desert clothing asks. "Yes, can we borrow your transportation device," I asked. "My car? Um I can give you a lift, where to?" He asked. Shadi took the opportunity to direct the man where to go.

While we were driving, the group decided it was time to ask questions. "So pharaoh, I think we need some explanation on what were getting into," Ashtun said. "I suppose since we have a moment, I can tell you. I am the Unknown Pharaoh of whose tomb you found this week. Your friend (Y/N) is the reincarnation of my beloved bride," I started. "Pft (Y/N) a queen in her previous life, maybe the queen of hideousness," Halif sneered. "Actually that was you in your previous life Halif," I said. "Did you just call me ugly!?!?" She screeched. "I did, because in your previous life, you helped kill my wife," I glared. "Now hold on, Ally may be a bit crazy but she's not a killer," 'Iirada said. "You were there too 'Iirada, and helped bring down my kingdom as well," I turned my glare to him. "What about us? Did you know us in our previous life?" Kasi asked referring to her and Ashtun. "Yes, I remember you two, you were (Y/N)'s best friends, Ashtun you were my commanding guard, and Kasi you were the best scholar in all of Egypt, could match anyone in smarts," I explained. All of them together, took time to process the information I just presented to them.