Chapter 16 The Aftermath of the Kingdom

Your POV

We had many more battles after our night against Akafia... Joey, Yugi, Mai, and I all received our full star chips, until Yugi faced Seto and lost his chips. At that point, my desire to get Atem's memories was outweighed by helping save Yugi's grandpa. I offered to duel Yugi in exchange for my star chips. "Are you sure (Y/N),  what was your point in this competition if you were just going to give it up in the end?" Yugi questioned before our duel. "Heh... I was hoping to get the memories of an old friend back, but I will have to find another way if I lose, are you ready? Let's Duel!" I responded. In the end Yugi was able to beat me without using Atem. After his battle against Seto I could see his hesitation to letting Atem fight me, even though I knew Atem would never truly hurt me. 

Anyway, Yugi ended up winning Duelist Kingdom against Pegasus, and saved his grandpa from the clutches of Pegasus, as well as Seto and Mokuba. Once everyone was free, Yugi gave the money he won to Joey for his sister's eye operation. I couldn't get over the kind gesture because it's exactly like my Atem... And now, knowing that they inhabit the same body makes it even harder for me to not want to be around Yugi and Yami. 

Yugi's POV

Yami has been quite weird since we left Duelist Kingdom. All that he seems to think about anymore is that girl (Y/N) and her two friends. "Yugi, did you get that girl's number before we left?" Yami's spirit asked. "Yes I did, her and her friends are joining our school so we'll be seeing them a lot more!" I told him. "That's great news! I feel as though I know who they are but I don't remember how," Yami explained. "Do you think in another life you lived they were important to you some how?" I questioned. "I think they could have been, I just really wish I could remember my past and who I was," Yami finished. Now that I think about it, (Y/N) had said she was trying to get an old friend's memories back, Yami doesn't seem to remember much of his past, but somehow knows (Y/N) is involved. Could (Y/N) be trying to get Yami's memories? If so, does she know his past and how were connected...