𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝑰𝒏 𝑴𝒚 𝑽𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒔

-

She was lonely.

Sure, she had Flora but she couldn't really talk to her. She had to put on a fake smile for the little girl and play with her like nothing was wrong.
Flora couldn't possibly cure her loneliness.

Only one person could.
Miles.

The more she thought of this fact, she realized how wrong it was.
She didn't know what to do without Miles.
She didn't know who she was without Miles.
She was no one without Miles.

For the past month, she was left alone everyday.
Miles was always off at the stables or simply, no where to be found.
This gave her plenty of time to think. Maybe, too much time. She was constantly stuck in her thoughts.

She felt as if she was on autopilot. She was going about her day, putting on a front. But, she wasn't truly content.

Miles was cold. He was quiet. He snapped at Y/n much too often now. This resulted in her barley speaking to him, afraid of what his reaction would be. They haven't exchanged more than 3 words to each other this entire week.

This was so unlike Miles. He use to be so deeply in love with her. He use to make her feel like the only girl in the universe. He use to make sure she was taken care of. Anything she pleased, he would give it to her. For god sakes, he even gave her a home.

He use to tell her he loved her countless times a day. Now, she can't even recall the last time they exchanged an 'I love you'.

There were many nights where they would stay up and have long conversations in the dark. Conversations where Miles poured his heart out.

"You know I'd kill for you, right?"
"I'd do anything for you. Anything you'd ask me. I'd give my life for you."
"You'll never have to spare a worry ever again. I'll take care of anything that might cause you a burden. I'll give you everything and anything."

But now, they slept on opposite sides of the bed.

They didn't have sex anymore. They didn't bathe together. They didn't go on walks around the estate hand in hand. They didn't go on trips into town so Miles could spoil her. They didn't play games with Flora together. They didn't have movie nights in the home theater. They didn't go into the library and pick books for each other to read. Miles stopped giving her riding lessons and guitar lessons.

He barley even laid his eyes on her anymore.

They went from being inseparable to acting like the other didn't exist. The hardest part of all of this was that Y/n didn't know why.

What had she done? Why has he changed?

He just wasn't Miles anymore.

She wanted to get to the bottom of it. She wanted to help him but she knew that she needed to help herself first. She knew what she had to do even though she dreaded the thought of it.

She thought she would give it one last chance and try to speak to him about their situation. She was apprehensive the entire day as she thought about how she would confront Miles tonight.

She was sick to her stomach. Her body was shaky. But, she tried to be optimistic. Maybe, he would come to his senses and hear her out.