𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝑰𝒏 𝑴𝒚 𝑽𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝑰𝑰

-

"Miles! Miles! Miles!" Flora cried as she shook her brother awake.

"Flora, I'm sleeping." He groaned.

"Y/n left!"

"What?"
He opened his eyes and sat up, looking over at the empty bed.

"She's gone! She left us letters, look!" Flora shoved her letter in his face. He grabbed it and skimmed the paper.

"No." He whispered in disbelief.

"Why did she leave, Miles!?"

"I- Where's my letter?" He questioned as he looked around.
His eyes landed on the letter on the nightstand next to him and he quickly snatched it.

"No. No. No." He repeated as he read the letter.

'I fear that you've fallen out of love with me.'

His heart sunk. He felt himself finally come to his senses. He felt terrible. He felt stupid.

He would be lying if he said he never meant to make his lover feel bad.
Because he did. He purposely ignored her and spoke harshly to her so she would keep her distant.

The truth is, he was afraid. He was afraid of what he'd become.

This voice in his head became relentless. It made him careless. It made him want to destroy everything in his wake.

It was always there. Usually, he could dismiss it. He had no problem deciphering right from wrong and rational from irrational.
But, as of late, he struggled. It consumed him.

He should have told her. He knew he could talk to her about anything. He knew she would understand. He should have took that opportunity to tell her that he did need help.

But, the voice convinced him that he couldn't confide in her.

Of course, he was still in love with her. It was just pushed down within him because of his struggles.

'I can't imagine myself as a person without imagining you right next to me.'

The boy furrowed his eyebrows. He thought that was love. He would never want to imagine himself as a person without her right next to him.

'I'll miss you dearly.'

Miles felt like the world was closing in on him as he finished reading the letter.
He set it down and put his head in his hands.

He felt tears build in his eyes. He never cried. The last time he cried was when he had hurt Flora by pushing her too high on the swing, causing her to take a nasty fall to the ground.

Hot tears pooled into his palms.

He wanted nothing more than to hold Y/n in this moment. To rock her back and forth while apologizing for his behavior towards his sweet angel.

He mentally beat himself up for the way he had been treating her. He thought of how alone she must have felt.
Yes, there was a reason for it but he should have never let that voice get the best of him. He knew that all she wanted was to be loved by him.