Eighteen

Jocelyn slowly ran her hands down his chest before trailing them back up to hold his face to hers. As he poured his emotions into the kiss, she received them wholeheartedly.

Breaking from the kiss, she smiled as he remained with his eyes closed for a second. She found herself becoming lost in his eyes as they simply took in one another's presence. A phone buzzing broke the silence.

"Yeah?" He muttered into his cellphone while Jocelyn occupied herself with eyeing the paintings up close.

A smile slapped itself on her face and she couldn't have wiped it away had she tried. Knowing Miles had studied her and felt her important enough to paint made her heart swell.

"No, sorry. I'm really bus-" he was cut off, "yes, of course I know it's important."

The exasperated tone caused her to turn to him. Immediately, she approached him and began rubbing his arm slightly in an attempt to soothe him. Miles stared at her for a moment before a smile broke on his face.

"There's just something more important right now. I'll handle it tomorrow." He spoke with conviction before hanging up the phone.

Jocelyn could hardly keep up as he scooped her into his arms and pressed his lips to her own. There was a new found confidence in his kiss and she couldn't stop herself from moaning into his mouth.

The feeling of being tilted caused her to break the kiss to see he was lowering them to the floor. She put a hand out to catch herself just in case, but Miles softly lowered her- his left hand cradling her head.

The cold floor contrasted the warm body laid against her own. Her legs wrapped around his waist and she leaned up to connect their lips once more. A sizzling heat spread across her body as he dipped down to softly kiss down her neck.

"I-i," he stopped with a huff that tickled her neck, "kinda hoped I wouldn't stutter."

Jocelyn couldn't help but chuckle, her right hand holding the back of his head. "It's okay, baby. It's honestly cute."

"Well I'm not exactly trying to be cute right now." He leaned back, the redness across his cheeks letting her know he was embarrassed.

"Oh, right. Sexy mood means serious business." Jocelyn played, her expression cooling into a scowl.

"Jocelyn," he huffed once more despite the goofy smile on his face.

The smile was infectious, spreading to her own face as she smiled up at him. He dipped his head to press his nose to her own as he closed his eyes. Although innocent in nature, the gesture felt intimate and filled her stomach with butterflies.

"Miles?" She muttered against his lips. A soft peck to her lips and a low hum was her answer.

"I want you to make love to me." The whisper caused him to pull back slightly.

His eyes searched her own for a moment before he pressed his lips to hers once more. Just as his tongue dipped into her mouth, he ran his hands down her arms before interlocking their fingers and pulling her arms up to lay beside her head.

The soft lips fell to her neck, a trail of kisses to her collarbones all she was granted before he pulled back. Leaning on his haunches, he slipped his hands from hers to slowly peel the shirt from her body.

As the material left her skin, it was replaced by his lips. The feeling of his beard against her skin tickled and his caress of her skin lit a fire within her. He kissed his way back to her lips.

Once more his phone began buzzing but he made no move to reach for it. Instead, he pulled back to remove the pants from her body. Soft kisses along her calves and thighs made her feel comfortable enough to forget that she hadn't shaven recently.