Chapter 26

Alpha 26

"Found it!" Steve yelled. The avengers and guardians were spread out across the floor looking for any sign of Jack. The avengers and guardians quickly found Steve and looked around. They were in a long white hallway, with windows down the right side and no doors on the left.

"Are you sure? There's nothing here." Tony pointed out. Steve's smirked and tap the wall.

"There is a room here. If you listen you can hear the fighting." Steve explained.

"Hulk, smash it!" Tony commanded. The Hulk smiled and picked up his fist and punched the wall. Suddenly wolves burst out of nowhere and ran into the room in front of the others.

Tony spotted Jack hunched over with red ice on his arm and side. Pitch and the Templar was froze to the ground, but trying to get out. David had a small pool of blood spreading from under his shoulder. The wolves rushed to their Alpha side.

Pitch finally broke from the ice with a snarl. He looked to the guardians then over to the avengers and back to Jack. The nightmare King flicked his wrist and formed pitch black sand wolves.

"Really? Wolves? You can't think of something more original?" Jack said with a cough. Pitch narrowed his eyes and pointed at the winter god. The nightmare wolves rushed forward to attack Jack, but the assassin's wolves met them instead. Jack's wolves had no problem taking the imposters down with sharp teeth and claws.

The avengers and guardians quickly jumped into the fight stepping between the nightmare wolves and Jack. Thor and Loki thought their way to their younger brother. Once they were at his side they could see how bad Jack was really hurt. They tried their best to keep the wolves at bay, but Jack was still doing a lot of fighting and they could see he was weakening.

"Are you okay Jack?" Loki asked kicking a nightmare wolf in the jaw.

"Just peachy." Jack grumbled. Thor and Loki both raised an eyebrow. "Really guys, I'm fine. It's just a scratch." He lied. "I'll patch it up later."

"Does it hurt?" Thor asked.

"Gee I don't know!" Jack growled annoyed. He remembered the Apple and quickly looked around for the glowing orb. It was still in the same place in the corner of the room. David was still reaching for it but the ice had reached his shoulders. The winter assassin called the wind and took off. He flew high above the battlefield out of reach of any of the nightmare wolves.

Jack landed beside the orb and picked it up. He whistled loudly and called for Ipsum. The Wolf turned and looked at him. Jack through the Apple across the room where Ipsum caught it in his mouth and ran out the hole the hulk made in the wall. He looked back down to David. The ice has grown over his head and spread across the floor. The Templar was completely encased.

Pitch's nightmare wolves' numbers quickly fell and he was unable to make more. The avengers and guardians stood back and watched as Jack's wolves circled around the nightmare wolves and Pitch. They'd lost sight of Jack until they spotted a pure white wolf amongst the others. The night mare wolves kept their head down in submission.

With a single flick of his tail frost spread like wild fire and crept up the nightmare wolves legs freezing them solid and shattered from the intense cold. Jack shifted, standing right in front of Pitch looking directly into his golden eyes. "You're done Pitch." He snarled.

The guardians and avengers step forward in approval. Pitch looked over the group was fearful eyes. He quickly gathered his shadows and vanished into thin air.

"Where'd he go?!" Clint asked loading another arrow.

"Gone for now." North said putting his sword away and relaxing.