Chapter 23

Alpha 23

AN: Happy New Year!

The guardians followed close behind Galaxy. She led them through the alleyways of Rome. The black speckled wolf knew were to go. Sandy looked up to the sky. The sun was just setting and he could see dark clouds gathering above. The guardian of dreams wondered if they were the packs doing. Sandy spotted a bright streak shoot across the sky. He flew in front of the guardians and pointed to the streak.

"Oh, hey! It's Tony!" Tooth said excitedly. "I'll go get him!"

Sandy shook his head. He sent a dream sand firework into the air. Iron man turned towards the signal. He landed in front of the guardians. His helmet popped open.

"What are you guys doing way out here?" Tony asked.

"We couldn't find the building." North said with a guilty look.

"How could you miss the tallest building in the city with the logo plastered all over it?" Tony asked rolling his eyes.

"Snow globe!" North suddenly shouted. He whispered into it and smashed it against the wall. The portal opened up and North hopped through with a laugh. The others followed closely behind. Galaxy and Bunny jumped through last.

-"So what should we call it? Itchy armpit it is."-

AN: With Jack

Jack blinked as he was thrown into another memory. This one he knew all too well.

The winter spirit coughed and rolled over. Smoke burned his lungs and flames licked at his feet. Jack crawled on all fours keeping as low to the ground and away from the fire as possible. "Conner!" He yelled.

"In here." Jack almost didn't hear the reply. He shifted so he could move through the burning building quicker. Smoldering embers burned the pads of his feet and smoke bothered his nose. The white wolf rushed through the halls of the building towards Conner's voice. He found the assassin and shifted. A heavy cross beam had fallen on Conner's leg and he was stuck underneath it. Jack hurried over and lifted the beam with Conner's help.

"Broken?" Conner asked. Jack nodded. "Dam Templers." The native growled.

"It's your fault; you got us into this mess." Jack grumbled helping Conner up. He put an arm around Jack's shoulder and the winter spirit helped to support him. "You just had to pet that cat, didn't you?"

Conner had somehow pissed a guard off by petting a cat, one thing led to another and they were led into a trap.

"Sorry." Conner mumbled. "Witch way is out?"

"No clue." Jack said. He sniffed trying to find clean air, but only scented more smoke. He coughed up some soot and spit it out with a disgusted look. "Gotta get out of here." He grumbled.

"Don't start smashing walls just yet." Conner said sarcastically. Jack rolled his eyes and started to walk with Conner leaning on him.

"Finding a window would help." The winter spirit spat. The flames were getting a little too close for comfort. The pair turned to go the other way, but a flaming beam fell from the ceiling blocking their path. "Well shit." Jack yelped. Flames circled around them stopping any escape.

"Jack! Fly!" Conner yelled. Jack blinked and looked up. There was a small hole in the roof. He called for the wind and flew out of the building. They crash landed in a snow bank in the forest. Jack sighed at the feeling of the cold. He grabbed handfuls of snow to help the burns on his hands. The winter spirit stood up and looked over to Conner. The elder assassin wasn't moving.