Chapter 5

5

AN: I drew a picture of Jack during the shoot off with Clint. Although Clint's not in it and Jack's arm is messed up. It's on my Deviantart profile if you want to check it out.

"Prince Jokul! Are you I'll?" A palace guard asked worriedly watching the prince walk shakily by with his daughter at his side.

"No." He said. "Just a small headache." The guard curtly nodded and continued on his way. "We'll fly the rest of the way."

"Are you sure you're okay to fly?" Amelia asked looking him over with worried eyes.

Jack nodded. "I'm fine." The pain had past, but a shadow remained.

Jack held Amelia's hand as they took off into the night sky.

-) Flashback (-

Once Jack had calmed Amelia down and the pain had subsided, he told her what was going on and what was going to happen. The winter god quickly changed into his assassin's robes and weapons. The assassin decided to keep his staff in its charm form. He started down the hall with Amelia following close behind.

-)Back to the Future(-

They reached the bifrost in half the time it would have taken to walk. Heimdall was waiting for him. "Jokul, are you alrig-"

"I'm fine." Jack interrupted the guardian. "Please open a portal outside of Moscow." Heimdall nodded and did what he was told. Jack shifted as he jumped through the portal with Amelia following close behind.

The white wolf was worried about the pack living on the outskirts of Moscow. The alpha, Magna wasn't responding to any form of contact. The packs closest to them could hear howling and it wasn't a good howling. It was one of pain and loss that was cut off for some reason.

Jack peered into the forest, it was snowing lightly. The pack was close by; he could hear their paws in the snow. The white wolf looked over to Amelia. She was scenting the air. Jack walked forward; Amelia followed keeping her head low. All they could do was hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

-) Guardians (-

"What do you think happened?" Tooth asked. The guardians where looking in a forest on the outskirts of Moscow when they stumbled apon the body of a wolf. The smoky grey wolf had no severe wounds and wasn't very old. The only wounds were a few cuts on its pads and a bite mark on his leg.

"Does it matter?" Bunny spat watchful eyes scanning the forest. He swore he could feel eyes on him. "It's a dead wolf. It's none of our business."

"True, but the poor thing shouldn't have died from its wounds." Tooth shook her head looking down at the body. "It's too bad."

"Yeah, one less predator to kill things, too bad." Bunny said sarcastically. "Can we leave now?"

"Why are rabbits always so nervous?" North asked rolling his eyes. Sandy nodded in agreement. "Yes, let's go."

North was about to throw down a snow globe when Bunny stopped him. "Wait."

As soon as the guardians left the pack slowly emerged from the forest. They walked with their heads and tails down, whimpering and whining. A light grey wolf ran towards the body. He nudged the downed alpha, expecting him to move.

"Dad?" He whispered heartbrokenly.

"Ipsum?" His mother said. He looked back to her with sad eyes. "He's gone; Magna's gone."

Jack and Amelia padded into the group of wolves. Some nodded as they passed.

"Ipsum. Jack said gaining the young wolf's attention. "It's time." The grey wolf nodded and started to dig beside his father's body. Jack and Ipsum's mother helped. Amelia stayed behind with the pack, just watching. Before the family buried the body Jack inspected it. A few scrapes and a bite mark shouldn't have killed a strong alpha like Magna. There was no scent of poison, natural or not. The white wolf shook his head. There was absolutely no reason a young powerful wolf should have died, or the amount of pain he was in before his death.