Chapter 13

Alpha 13

AN: I'm almost finished planning the rest of the fic. I'm trying to bring in more assassins creed elements. Jamie is going to be in it more that I had originally planned.

"It's fresh too." Jack started to follow the scent before Bunny could say anything, but the rabbit followed close behind. The wolf realized where the trail was going and picked up speed. Bunny realized it too.

"You get Jamie, I'll get Sophie." Bunny growled once they got closer to their house. The wolf nodded and shifted flying through the window. The assassin spotted glowing golden eyes in the dark. Jack lunged at Pitch, but he disintegrated before Jack could get there. The winter god landed face first into the floor. He quickly stood up looking around expecting Pitch to attack, but something else jumped on him. He fell back onto the floor. Jack gasped in surprise.

Jamie clung to Jack's neck. He cried into his shoulder. "Jamie." Jack breathed in relief. He wrapped his arms around the boy. "It's okay, it was only a nightmare."

"It was horrible." Jamie whispered once he calmed down enough to talk.

"What was it about?" Jack asked gently.

"Wolves." Jamie mumbled. Jack's breath hitched. "They were attacking Sophie. I tried to stop them, but I couldn't move."

"It's alright Jamie. No wolf will ever hurt you, ever. I promise." Jack said hugging Jamie closer.

"How can you promise that?" Jamie sniffled. Bunny quietly pushed the door to Jamie's room open. He had a half asleep Sophie in his arms.

"Nightmare?" Bunny asked. Jack nodded. "Wolves too?" The assassin nodded again. "What should we do?"

"I've made a promise that needs more explaining." Jack said. Bunny narrowed his eyes. "I hope you don't mind, but we'll be taking a detour."

"Alright, but we should get back soon." Bunny said.

Jack nodded. He stood up still holding Jamie. "I can promise you that no wolf will ever hurt you or Sophie or any other child because I know everyone of them personally."

"How could you know every wolf?" Jamie asked. "Humans don't speak wolf."

"I'm not human." Jack said.

"Well duh." Jamie smiled. "You're a spirit."

"No I'm not a spirit either." Jack said. Jamie gave him a confused look. "I'm Asgardian."

Jamie's eyes widened. "Like Thor?!"

"Exactly. He's my older brother." Jack said.

"Wow! Really?" Jamie asked excitedly. Jack nodded. "But that still doesn't explain how you can talk the wolves."

"I'm not a normal Asgardian; I can shape-shift into a wolf." Jack admitted.

"Is that why Pitch gave us nightmares?" Jamie asked.

"Probably." Jack said. "Would you like to meet the Burgess pack?"

Jamie shyly nodded. Bunny cleared his throat. "I'm going to put Sophie back to bed."

"Will she be okay?" Jamie asked worriedly.

"The little sheila will be just fine." Bunny hummed. "She probably won't even remember it in the morning."

"What it Pitch comes back?" Jamie asked.

"I'll leave an egg with her. If Pitch comes back we'll know." Bunny assured. He quietly slipped out the door. "Meet you out side."

"Well Jamie, would you rather go out the door or window?" Jack asked.

"Window." Jamie answered. "I'll write a note saying I went over to cupcake's house."

"In the middle of the night?" Jack raised an eyebrow. "Will she cover for you?"

"Of course!" Jamie said.

"If you say so." Jack said. He wasn't so sure that Jamie's mom would buy it. Jack wouldn't if he was a human parent. Jamie finished the note and left it on his bed side table. "Piggy back." Jamie nodded and climbed onto the assassin's back. Jack was carful that nothing would poke or cut the boy before flying out the window. Bunny was waiting for him on the ground.

"Well frostbite, witch way to the wolves' lair?" Bunny asked. Jack pointed into the dark forest. "Oh great."

Jack started to walk into the woods. "This pack is fairly small compared to others, but is still very strong. All wolves protect children. They would never hurt a human unless they feel threatened." Jack explained. "Their den is just ahead, but we're too big to fit through the tunnel. I'll have to call them out."

"So you have to whistle?" Jamie asked.

"No they understand English." Jack laughed. "Sicarius! I have someone who wants to meet you and your pack!"

AN: Just when I though I wouldn't have any ideas for my next fic, I had an idea! Yay! Any-who, I had a weird dream, it was 3rd person, Jack and Tony were flying somewhere, but Jack was bind, like in my other fic Running Blind. Somehow he died, but he woke up. Jack was with a pack with Amelia sleeping under his chin, like in the start of Alpha... Weird. Inception!