Chapter 24

24

AN: Got no excuse for being late this time. My teacher gave us a whole lecture on plagiarism just because one kid used an idea from another book without giving credit. That poor kid got yelled at in front of the whole class for a good 10min or so...

Jack blinked. He could make out two familiar faces in the darkness. "Amelia? Jamie?"

"Jack!"

"Dad!"

The kids hugged Jack tightly around his waist. He stood there awkwardly unable to hug back due to his bonds.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Jack asked crouching down to their eye level.

"No, they didn't hurt us, but they made us go into your memories." Amelia said.

Jack frowned. He hoped they didn't see anything too bad. "What did you see?" He asked.

"We saw you meet Conner! And Paul Revere's ride." Jamie said. "I can't believe you didn't get caught!"

"He was annoying." Jack agreed. He sighed in relief. At least the kids hadn't seen anything bad. The trio sat on the clean concrete floor and talked for a few minutes. The assassin looked around. There were two beds suspended from the wall, one over the other with a thin mattress on each. There was a small alcove where Jack assumed there was a toilet.

Jack got up while the children were playing rock, paper, scissors to look around outside the cell. He looked out through the iron bars. The hall way was completely empty. The assassin was about to turn his attention back to the kids when he saw something out of the corner of his eye.

"Rebecca?"

-"Because you're mine, I walk the line."-

AN: With Wolves, avengers and guardians

"What are we doing waiting around! Let's go!" Tony yelled impatiently. A lot of the wolves barked in agreement.

"We're trying to find exactly where they are so we can get in and out with minimal amount of fighting." Natasha said looking up from her shield phone. "So far we've found the air conditioner and not Jack."

"We normally don't plan; we just go with it and attack." North confessed scratching the back of his neck.

"The alphas have put together a plan, but won't move until Jack gives them the okay." Loki said.

"You speak wolf?" Clint asked surprised.

"Enough to know what they're saying." Look answered. "They can't find Jack."

"But doesn't he have that head radio thing?" Tooth asked.

"That's what's worrying me." Loki said.

"I have a plan!" Tony smirked.

Steve frowned. "It better not be 'I have a plan, attack' crap again." He growled. Suddenly one of the wolves lifted its head and howled. The packs charged into the building. "What are they doing?!"

"Cazzo de merda!" Black Widow spat. "Let's just go."

Tony smirked and flicked his helmet before zooming into the lobby. The wolves had broken off into pairs and were herding the employees into rooms before getting a door slammed in their face. It was deathly quiet for a couple of seconds when a hoard of guards dressed in all black except a yellow striped running down their sides flowed in from every direction.

-"Hello Desmond, go away."-

AN: Back to Jack and kids

"How did you get here?" Rebecca asked. Jack spotted Shaun looking over her shoulder. The pair of assassins were in the cell across the hall.