Alpha

Alpha

AN:  My 3rd fan-fiction in the Avengers, Rise of the Guardians crossover category, but this one has elements form Assassins Creed (weapons, armor) and Nightshade (werewolf).  I've actually planed this one!  Now I've just got to write it.  I can finally describe things with color.

Sorry for spelling or grammar errors.  I know I will make a lot of them.

1

Jack yawned and opened his eyes.  It was time to get up, but he didn't want to.  Amelia, his daughter kept him up most the night.  She had been whimpering and whining in her sleep.  Jack had to wake her more than once for the nightmares to stop.  Now she was sleeping peacefully under his chin. 

Jack lifted his head and licked her forehead.  Amelia's bright blue eyes slowly opened.  She blinked a couple times then yawned.

"Time to get up."  Jack whispered gently trying not to wake the other wolves.  She nodded and stood up, a little wobbly on her paws.  Jack stood and stretched.  "Go sleep with the other pups."

"No, I want to go with you."  She whined.  Amelia looked up at her father giving him her best puppy dog eyes. 

Jack smiled.  "They don't work on me, only your uncles and grandparents.  Come on your still half asleep.  You won't know I'm gone."  He grabbed her by the scruff and carried her over to another wolf with pups around her age.  She curled up and went back to asleep.

The pack they where currently staying with was one of the biggest, just over 20 wolves.  Each with a touch of winter’s magic in their blood.  Jack and Amelia where the only two real winter spirits.  They can shift from wolf to human and back again whenever they wanted.  The winter pack wolves where born wolves and stay wolves, never changing.

Before Jack was asked to take over the packs by Manny and Mother Nature they were constantly fighting causing super storms.  The previous head winter spirit had no interest or connection with the packs.  He had let them fight and kill each other almost causing another ice age. 

Jack walked out of the den and looked around at the snowy landscape.  Today there was a Guardian meeting and the pole wasn't too far away.  Jack decided it was a good idea to run there.  As soon as he stood to leave the morning patrol was just coming in.  The pair nodded respectively and padded into the cave.

The white wolf took off running to the cost, paws kicking up snow.  He was very fast for a wolf thanks to his small size.  His pure white coat helped to camouflage him in the snow he lived in.  Through his training as an assassin both on Asgard and on Earth made him one of the most deadly people alive.  Jack's over protective older brothers where very skilled with their powers.  Jack hadn't seen either in 30 years.  Amelia has been bugging him to visit her uncles and grandparents, but Jack is busy leading the winter packs and keeping up with the Guardians expectations.  North decided it would be a great idea to meet almost every week to get to know Jack.

Once Jack reached the coast he shifted back to human form.  Each time he shifts complex magic is used.  Technically Jack is both human and wolf at the same time and can move between the two forms freely.  If one form is occupied the other is still there, just invisible.  Jack's wolf instincts can take over when human if angered or threatened.

Jack stood looking over the ocean.  He flicked his wrist making sure his hidden blade was working properly.  It flicked easily in and out without any difficulty.  Jack reached behind his hood where he kept a set of 5 throwing knifes.  He never went anywhere without them; even a Guardian meeting.  The rest of his weapons where in his room at North's.  Jolly old Saint Nick had insisted that Jack needed a room at the pole and it seemed like a good place to hide his weapons away from Amelia.  She might be old enough to know better, but Jack still worried that something, even an accident could happen.