Chapter 11

Alpha 11

Jack dove out of the way of a black nightmare sand arrow. It whizzed by his nose and lodged its self into the wall.

The assassin heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed. Jack triggered his hidden blades and put them in front of his face. The sword came down on his blades. The assassin pushed his aggressor back.

A sinister laugh rang in his ears. "Ah, Jack. You are as good as they say." Pitch purred.

"I've had a lot of practice." Jack snarled. It was hard to see Pitch in the dark room, but he could see him tossing the child's tooth up and down. Jack's eyes flicked around trying to find hidden dangers, but his human eyes couldn't. The assassin let his wolf side take over.

"Hmm, interesting." Pitch hummed looking at Jack's glowing blue eyes. "The eyes are a bit creepy though."

"You might want to turn around." Jack said.

"Wha-?" Pitch didn't finish is word before something struck him in the back of the head. The shiny red, white and blue disk returned to its owner as he jumped through the window. Pitch disappeared back into the shadows rubbing the back of his head.

"What the hell was that thing?!" Steve shouted. The young girl rolled over.

"Shhh!" Jack shushed him. "That's Pitch. Aka the nightmare king." He whispered.

"What's with the glowing eyes?" Steve asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's a wolf thing." Jack shrugged. "Wolves see best in the dark."

"Will he be back?" Steve asked. His eyes flicked around suspecting another attack.

"I hope not. He's going to have an awful head ache." Jack smirked. The assassin bent down and picked up the child's tooth and handed it to Steve. Captain America put it into the sack of teeth. Jack slipped a $50 under the girl's pillow. "We should go. Kids tend to wake up at the worst times." Cap nodded and the pair moved on.

"We have 3 more countries then we're done." Steve announced. "I never thought that I would go around the whole world visiting almost every country in one night. It's amazing. Oh and thanks for the rides on the wind. It would have taken longer to run the whole way."

"No problem." Jack smiled. "I do this almost every night checking on the packs and bring winter."

Steve's cell phone buzzed in his pocket. "Tony says not to meet in the city center, just move to the next city when we're done. Once we are done our route meet at the pole." Steve red with difficulty. "Wow, his spelling is atrocious. Even with auto correct."

The pair continued to collect teeth until they finished their route. "This bag is heavy." Steve complained.

"Of course it is. It's 1/6 of the world's teeth." Jack pointed out.

"Good point." Steve shrugged. "Where is the north pole?"

"Up north." Jack said. Steve gave him the 'no shit' look. "It's hard to explain. Tooth will be getting worried."

"Then we better go. Don't want to keep her waiting." Steve smirked. Jack narrowed his eyes. The wind picked up and they shot into the air. Steve screamed like a girl. "Holy crap! Stupid wind!"

"Careful, you don't want to make her mad." Jack said with a smirk. The wind suddenly dropped Steve. He screamed again.

"I'm sorry Miss. Wind!" He yelled. Jack laughed. The wind caught Captain America and brought him back up to Jack. They rode in silence for awhile. "Burrr, it's cold up here." He complained.

"Sorry." Jack frowned.

"Don't be. It's your element. I don't think I would be alive without the cold in Antarctica." Steve smiled. Jack smiled back.

The pair flew through the still open window at the pole. Jack paused and closed it before landing beside the globe. The wind put Steve down beside him. All the others were waiting for them.

"What took you guys so long?" Tooth asked worriedly. "I was getting worried."

Jack looked over to Steve giving him the 'told you so' look. "Pitch jumped me."

"Are you alright?!" Tooth squealed nervously. "Are your teeth okay?!" She zoomed over and stuck her fingers in his mouth checking his teeth.

"Tooth," North said. "Fingers out of mouth."

"Oh sorry." She apologized.

"Its alright, I'm alright too." Jack said. "Cap hit him in the back of the head with his shield."

"He must have an awful head ache." Bunny laughed.

"That's what I said." Jack smiled.

"Here's the teeth Ma'am." Steve said handing Tooth the teeth.

"Thank you." She said. "I'll put these into the vault."

"Vault?" Tony asked.

"There is an emergency vault under the pole. If anyone attacks our homes the teeth and any other important things will be sent there through portals." North explained. "It's impenetrable."

"It's true. I've tried multiple times." Jack shrugged. North gave him an odd look. "Unless you know the code."

"What's the code?" Steve asked.

"I bet it's a Christmas song." Clint said to Tony

"It's very long." North said. "It'll take too long to tell."

"We should build up your homes defenses." Tony said. "What do you already have in place?"

North, Tony and Bruce started into a long conversation about how they could raise their defenses without having any yetis, elves or fairies. Jack started to stair off into space not bothering to listen. Bunny poked his shoulder. "I was thinking that we should try to sniff Pitch out. Do you want to help?"

"Sure." Jack said. "Two noses are better than one, but you will be working with a wolf."

"I'm fine with that." Bunny said.

Unknown Pov

"Is everything still going as planned, Agent?" An older man dressed in an expensive black suit, sitting behind a huge desk with a high backed chair asked. He slowly taped his finger tips together in front of his shadow covered face. He was clearly in charge.

"Yes, sir." A young man dressed in normal street close said. "They still don't suspect a thing."

"What about the assassin's? Have you encountered anyone suspicious?" The young man's boss asked.

"They are as clueless as ever. They will never see me coming." The young man said cockily.

"Don't be so arrogant." The older man said. "I've seen it destroy many men."

"Yes sir."

"Are you absolutely sure you can trust your informer?" The black suited man asked folding his hand on his desk.

"Yes, Mr. Black will stop at nothing to destroy Frost and any of his allies." The young man said.

His boss nodded. "May the father of understanding guide you."

"May the father of understanding guide you." The young man said as he left the dark room.

AN: I felt bad that the last one was so late I worked hard to get this one done. I found new writing time! It's during science class. Ugh soooooo boring! Sorry about all the cliff hangers, but they're what keeps people reading!