Chapter 10

Alpha 10

AN: Sorry guys. I know this is late, but it was my first week of school and there was a lot of stuff to be done. My morning is awesome, the afternoon sucks. I have Canadian history (if it was American in would be awesome.) And science. Ugh. Chapters will be late for awhile. Thanks to everyone who has followed, favorited, commented, gave kudos and of course read! You're awesome.

Jack hopped back out the window and landed in a crouch in the snow. He was about to call for Heimdall, but the portal was already open in front of him. The assassin dived through it.

"Jokul! I can't see the yetis or elves!" Heimdall said nervously. "The fairies are gone too."

"What?" Jack yelled in surprise. "Can you see Pitch Black, The Nightmare King?" Heimdall quickly shook his head. "Crap." The assassin spat. Before Heimdall could say anything else Jack was already out of the bifrost dome and flying across the early morning sky.

Jack dove through Loki's open window scaring the mischief god off his bed. The book he was reading landed on his head with a loud 'thunk'. "What, what? Oh." He stuttered spotting Jack.

"Loki." Jack said. "Where are the guardian's rooms?"

"3 doors down." Loki quickly answered. Jack ran out of the room and down the hall. The god of mischief followed. "I'll get Tooth and Sandy." Loki said in a hurry. Jack nodded.

The winter god banged on North's door. There were slow footsteps coming towards the door. The door opened to a fully dressed North. "Is it breakfast already?" He mumbled rubbing his eyes.

"You'll have to skip breakfast North." Jack said pulling him out the door. "The yetis, elves and fairies are missing." North blinked in surprise. "You get Bunny. I have to go to my room."

North nodded and Jack took off. The assassin flew through the halls towards his room. As he rounded the corner someone caught his arm.

"Jack? What's got you in such a hurry?" Steve asked.

"Something's wrong on earth. I can't talk now." Jack said rushed.

"We can help." Tony said a little annoyed that Jack hadn't already asked.

"Alright grab your things. We'll be gone for a while." Jack said. Then took off again.

"Dad?" Amelia asked as her father burst through the door. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but you will be staying with your grandparents for a while." Jack said as he quickly changed into his assassin robes and weapons.

"What? No!" Amelia yelped. "I want to help, you know I can."

"This is not up for debate, Amelia." Jack said.

Amelia looked annoyed. "Why? If nothing's wrong, then why can't I go?"

Jack paused. "Because I said so."

Amelia grumbled annoyed. She picked a book off the shelf and slumped onto her bed.

The assassin went over a kissed her forehead. "I know you can help, but it's safer here." She slowly nodded and continued to read. Jack left gently closing the door. He found the guardians and avengers checking over their weapons.

"Where do we start?" Steve asked. All the avengers were dressed in full costume and weapons.

"We should collect teeth." Tooth said. "If my fairies are gone then no one will be collecting the teeth."

"Tooth is right. We can't have Pitch gaining power." North said. "Let's go!" They went to the front of the palace and a flying carriage was waiting for them. It took them straight to the bifrost where Heimdall already had a portal open. "To Winnipeg, Canada." Heimdall said. North nodded and hopped through. Jack nodded his thanks.

"Keep an eye on Amelia for me." He said as he jumped through the portal. On the other side North was organizing partners. The pairs were Tony and Bunny, Jack and Steve, Bruce and Sandy, Tooth and Natasha, North and Clint, Thor and Loki.

"Be careful; don't be seen by the children or a dog. They are scary." Bunny said with a shiver.

"Oh, is the big bad Bunny afraid of a dog?" Jack teased.

"What! I'm sure the big bad wolf is afraid of something." Bunny snapped.

"Careful or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" Jack laughed. "Well I can't because it's underground."

"Enough fooling around you two." North chuckled. Jack could hear the smile in his voice. The winter spirit flew over to Steve.

"Are you ready?" Steve asked. The assassin nodded. Each pair had a few neighborhoods to cover. They met in the city centre when they were done and moved onto the next city. This time the guardians made sure they left money, Tony's money that he happened to have in his overstuffed wallet. Most kids ended up with an American 20 or higher.

Jack and Steve easily hopped through the houses taking the teeth and leaving cash. Captain America almost hit a very expensive looking vase off of its perch with his shield, but Jack caught it with the wind before it could smash into a million pieces.

"Fewf, that was a close one." Jack sighed in relief. He flew into the next house that Tooth said had a tooth.

The assassin smiled through the open window and ghosted to the child's bed room. It was a young girl's room. The dark purple walls were covered in drawings and sketches of people and animals, some colored other shaded. The winter spirit walked over to the girl's bed. He felt under the pillow, but there was nothing there. Jack's brows furrowed in confusion. 'Was Tooth wrong?' He thought. The assassin put his hands on his hips and turned around. He looked around the room. Jack didn't like what he saw.

AN: Jamie and Sophie will be coming into the fic soon! Already started to write the next chapter. It might come out sooner than this one did...