Chapter 7- The Run

When Daryl wakes in the morning, his body is pressed against her back, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and stiffening. He doesn't recall falling asleep this way. Raven slept still unmoving and had no nightmares, not bothered by him holding her close. Daryl moves away from her gently so as not to wake her. He grabs his shirt off the rack and his pants and heads to the bathroom to deal with the morning drags off herself and takes a shower. Raven slowly wakes up stretches and feels that the bed is empty. She sits up and looks around for Daryl. She gets out of bed and goes upstairs to hear the shower. Daryl has rested his hand on the tiles in the shower, his hand working on himself, aiming to release it. Raven starts making breakfast and makes eggs and some bacon. She wants to make sure they eat and have energy for the run today.

Daryl comes in with a groan, leans his head against the tiles, and stares at the tub for a moment. When he goes in there, he always feels like trash, always ashamed of what he did. After getting out of the water, he wipes himself dry and gets dressed. Raven continued to cook the food once the food was made, she made herself a plate and him a plate. She realizes she left her flannel downstairs but she might as well show her skin and not hide anymore. Daryl walks downstairs and into the kitchen, his hair still damp. Raven looks at him and smiles at how handsome he is, placing his plate on the counter. "Well, good morning Daryl. How did you sleep?" She asks, staring at him, stands at the counter, and starts eating. "Surprisingly well, I haven't slept like this in a long time, how about you?" He asks, smiling slightly, and gets down to his breakfast. Raven smiles and nods. "I slept well, no nightmares, just a restful sleep. We'll have to share a room if we both need a good night's sleep." She says giggling and eating more. She looks outside as the light of the rising sun illuminates her face. "You're already pushing yourself into my bed, huh?" He snaps out laughing under his breath.

Raven blushes and hides her face "Or you could have nightmares and not sleep well. And yes, I know you cuddled with me, Dixon." She says smiling at him "I'm not the cuddling type," He snorts under his breath and finishes his breakfast, "I don't know what you're talking about," He says as the corner of his mouth twists into a smirk, Raven smiles and finishes her food as well and walks over to him and runs her hand over his shoulders as she walks by going upstairs to change. Daryl shakes his head and cleans up after breakfast and then gets ready to run. He takes his backpack, crossbow, and knives behind him. He slips his winged vest over his shoulders. "I'm going outside," He shouts through the house on his way out. Raven smiles and shakes his head. "Alright, I'll be there in a minute." She says

Daryl brings his motorcycle out of the garages, strapping his crossbow and arrows to it. He gets it ready to ride, the people in Alexandria wake up, and he is approached by Denise who smiles wryly. Raven goes downstairs, grabs his knives and crossbow, and leaves the house walking towards Daryl. She feels as she walks in slow motion, walking towards him feeling happy and confident. Daryl looks at you and smiles slightly watching you from behind his hair and barely registering what Denise is saying to him. Raven smiles and blushes and is not about to hide her scars anymore. She walks over to Daryl and smiles. "Are you ready to go?" She asks him. "Yeah," He mutters, "But Denise wants to come with us." He says looking meaningfully at Raven, almost begging her not to. Raven looks at her, then back at him. "It's up to you, Daryl, but we both know we need to watch out for her and each other," She says. "Denise, you know very well that is not wise, you have never been outside the walls of Alexandria" Daryl frowns at her.

Raven looks at her. "And you are our only doctor, if anything happens to you we will be very sorry," She says "We will bring you everything on your list, but we are going alone. Maybe next time." Daryl gets on his motorcycle. "You're riding yours?" He looks at Raven. Raven smiles softly and walks over to his motorcycle with Daryl and smiles at him as she gets on his bike behind him. "Might as well ride with you." She says smiling, having her hands on his shoulder. "You are pushing your way into my bed" He moves his eyebrows significantly and smiles.

Crossbow LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara