32- Complications

I loved...
I loved so hard that my heart didn't belong to me any longer.
It didn't beat for me.
It didn't live for me.
She possessed me.
I would bleed for her.
I would die for her.

And she stabbed me precisely in the middle of my heart. She impaled me over and over with her deceptions that I ceased feeling.

Though she came back to me without recollections of her betrayals, I did not forget.

My heart would bleed until the last breath I'd take.

And I would compel them to pay over and over until I am no more.

Maingat na isinara ni Fenris ang libro na ipinahiram ni Linus sa kanya.

Who hurt Desmond Harfeld?

She... who was the she who hurt him so bad?

And then them. Who betrayed him that he would hurt people despite being hailed as a holy and righteous man?

Inalala ng dalaga ang teachings sa kanila mula pagkabata.

St. Harfeld was their hero. He was their savior. He dedicated his life for Narguille and for his people.

But this book showed the saint's other side, the side that held grudges. The side that would hurt someone else.

"Fenris?"

Mabilis na inilagay ni Fenris ang libro sa ilalim ng kanyang kama. Siniguro niyang may iilang maruming damit sa ibabaw niyun.

"Fenris!" muling tawag ni Kilmar sa pangalan n'ya.

"Sandali," aniya saka pinagbuksan ang kaibigan.

"Ang tagal naman," reklamo ng nabungaran niyang Kilmar. Nakasuot ito ng Apprentice cloak katulad niya.

"Hindi kaya. Let's go," aniya saka isinara ang pinto at hinila na ang kaibigan papunta sa kanilang training.

Fenris couldn't wait for lunch break. Kailangan niyang malaman ang laman ng libro. Kailangan niyang malaman ang sususod.

—-

My wife, the love of my life, cheated on me with our friend. I died a million times when she told me she didn't love me any longer.

But she didn't want to leave me because of our children. That was sufficient for me to continue living. I accepted her no matter what she did. I went on to love her and cherish her. She was my life.

But what happened earlier happened again and again until my eyes had no more tears to shed.

I felt numb and wanted more power because that was what she wanted. She loved power. She loved strength.

And she did get more power. She also gave power to her bloodsucking lover and their friends.

After that, she returned to me with all her heart intact, beating only for me and our children.

I should have been happy. I should have been satisfied.

But I wasn't.

She might have forgotten her betrayal, but I did not. Our children did not. Our pain still thrived in our hearts and our souls. We were broken while she was whole again.

And she didn't know why we loathed her.

Many of our people despised her.