33- The Attack of the gods

Lutang si Fenris habang nakatayo sa deck at nakatukod ang kanyang mga braso sa handrail. The ocean was magnificent, the view was spectacular. Pero wala roon ang kanyang isip. She just read half of the book and it was enough to tell her that the history they learned at school was made up to accommodate their leaders.

"You okay?" biglang sumulpot sa tabi niya si Linus na nakasuot na ng itim nitong cloak.

"Tell me the real history of Narguille," aniya.

Tinitigan siya nito. "You're really ready to ruin St. Harfeld in your head?"

Tumango siya. "Marami na akong alam. Everything I loved about the Order, about the fraudulent saint, about the gods... they're all ruined already. Wala na akong natitirang pagmamahal sa mga 'yun."

Tumingin si Linus sa malawak na karagatan na para bang doon ito kumukuha ng lakas ng loob. "About two hundred fifty or three hundred years ago, Desmond Harfeld was happily married to Otillie Simmons. They were friends with three Purebloods. Sina Ciro Horton, Draven Brigham at Gregory Bloodworth. Vergaemonth was not a safe place for Purebloods that time. Many mortals want to capture them so they can turn them to vampires."

Nanatiling nakinig si Fenris.

"To escape those people, these group of friends, together with their families, allies and clans founded their small haven. They called it Hellville."

"That's where your family is from," anang dalaga.

Tumango ang binata. "Their new community is smaller so it was easier for Otillie to protect it with her powers. During this time, she was having an affair with Gregory Bloodworth."

Napasinghap si Fenris.

"Yeah, I know. My father's ancestor and my mother's ancestor were nasty," naiiling nitong sabi. "We even thought that my parents were their reincarnation but apparently, that wasn't the case. What they were were part of Otillie's final spell. They had their own love story. Otillie just wanted their bloodlines to be united one day. And it did happen."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a long story. Anyway, my father and mother are not reincarnations of Gregory Bloodworth and Otillie Simmons. She wanted the two families to be united because she knew that her love story with Gregory was doomed from the beginning. Because of that final step, the unification, Hellville was restored to its' former glory. The vegetation came back. It could sustain the whole city again."

Curious si Fenris sa kwento ng mga magulang ni Linus pero may time para roon. Sa ngayon, kailangan niyang malaman ang totoong history ng kanyang pinakamamahal na kontinente.

"Anyway, these mortals who were hunting the Purebloods, they were persistent. They followed Otillie's group."

"Wasn't she powerful? She was a witch. And her friends were vampires. They were supposed to be way way stronger than mortals," komento ng dalaga.

"Of course. But power is useless if they're outnumbered. That's when Otillie gave up her love for Gregory in exchange of powers for all of them. It was a spell she created and she buried that spell with her. Nobody found out what that spell was. Until now, nobody can replicate it."

"What powers did they get?"

"The Brighams were gifted with telepathy, the Hortons became empaths, the Bloodworths got psychokinesis and the Simmons, clairvoyance."

"You're a clairvoyant. You got a Simmons power."

Tumango ito. "Cole and our eldest brother, Deus, they both got the Bloodworth power. Our sister, Tiana, and I got clairvoyance. Anyway, they all got powers, their bloodline. In exchange of that spell, Otillie forgot her love for Gregory. She was deeply madly in love with Desmond again. Unfortunately, she was the only one who forgot. All those who knew of the affair didn't forget."