Chapter 6

Axle didn't know how long he'd been staring at her. Her silky brunette hair fanned across the pillow and her chest slowly rose with each breath she inhaled. He gently removed a fallen strand away from her face.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered.

Before he could relish snuggling against her more, a soft knock was heard. Begrudgingly, Axle carefully got out of bed, trying hard not to wake her.

He opened the door to a smiling Priest. "Sorry to disturb you, but Capone has some news from his dad about Bianchi."

"I'll be down," Axle said, quickly shutting the door to Priest who still had a cheeky grin on his face.

Axle crawled back into bed, wrapping his arms around her waist, and nestled himself in the crook of her neck. Charlie began mumbling as she felt the heavy weight against her body.

She slowly opened her eyes. "Hi, Baby." Axle smiled. "Hi." She voiced in a raspy tone. Charlie turned her body around so she could face him. "How are you feeling?" "Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes, I slept very well." She smirked, tracing her fingers down his jawline. Axle leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. He groaned into her neck. "I would love more than anything than to stay in bed with you all day, but..."

"Duty calls." Charlie completed his sentence. Axle chuckled seeing that Charlie understood the MC life.

*******

Axle met with some of his men while Charlie began sifting through more files. "We filled Ink on everything he's missed." Priest informed. "Yeah, my ass probably should've stayed in the fucking desert," Ink began, "Viper's kid sister, an Italian mobster, and a Cartel hitman, yeah, should've stayed in the desert." Ink chuckled.

"Sounds more like the start of a bad joke," Tank piped in, "You know a guy walks into a bar..." He trailed off. It would've been funny to all of them if it were indeed a joke.

"Montoya's body?" Axle inquired, looking at Beast. "Beyond buried...that ghost won't come back to haunt us." He answered. "We hope it doesn't." "Look, we still don't know who hired him." "That fucker didn't come out of nowhere." Bas reiterated.

Axle knew Bas was right. Despite Montoya being handled, that ghost would come back to haunt them. Axle looked over to Spook to chime in with additional information.

"I put out feelers to some old friends about Montoya," He began, "I'm waiting to hear back." "Also, no movement at the casino, no signs of LOH." He reported.

Axle let a deep groan rumble from his chest. He knew Charlie was in potential danger and he wasn't any closer to finding out who was behind it and why.

"What did your father tell you about Bianchi?" Axle asked Capone. "Well, that's the thing," He began explaining, "Pops knows a lot, but he also made it clear he wouldn't tell me until he saw me."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Hawk asked unamused. Capone shrugged his shoulders. "Italians are a tight-knit family, my pops haven't seen me in some years."

Capone shifts his chair towards Axle. "You want to know about Bianchi, you and I need to be on a plane to New York soon – like this week."

"This is not the time for a fucking field trip." Hawk balked at the ridiculousness of Capone's request. Axle felt like his brain was going to bleed with the overload of everything coming at him.

Axle sat silent for a few minutes contemplating his next steps. He was in the middle of a very dangerous game. The wrong move could cost him dearly...Charlie and his club.