Chapter 33

The skulls wrapped up their meeting. "Just got off the phone with Kyle and he's agreed to the terms." "He'll have his lawyer draw up the paperwork." "We'll set up a meeting early next week." Priest informed everyone.

"The lumber yard is going to be great for us," Ice said as his phone started ringing. "Sheriff Ford...wait...what!?" "Is she hurt?" "Is she alright?" Ice asked in a panic, scrambling for the keys to his Harley.

"What's going on?" Axle asked. Ice had to put himself together. "There was an explosion at Plush."

Axle's heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. "Can't get Blake or Maddox to pick up their phones," Capone said, rushing outside with the others. Memories of when Charlie was attacked by Montoya and her kidnapping at Cathedral started flooding his memories. He didn't want to go through this again.

Axle gripped the handle of his bike as he sped through town. The skulls weaved their bikes through traffic, trying to get to Plush as fast as they could, but in one piece.

Fire trucks, police vehicles, and multiple ambulances could be seen as they approached the building. Coming to a screeching halt, Axle leaped off his bike, running towards the ambulances.

"Charlie!" He yelled, going from one ambulance to another. The others began calling out for their ol'ladies, too. "Harper!" "Piper!" "Willow!" The men screamed. "Kate!" Capone yelled, knowing that she had been there, too.

"Oh baby!" Axle sighed in relief when he saw Charlie inside one of the ambulances getting checked out by the paramedics. He rushed towards her, but one of the paramedic's stretched out his hand to stop him.

"I'm sorry, sir, she passed out due to shock." "We've sedated her and are taking her to St. Dominic's." The paramedic informed him. Axle wanted to reach inside and caress her hand for comfort. It crushed him to see her hurt. Charlie had cuts and abrasions on her body, and a gash on her forehead.

"I just need to see her!" Axle pleaded. "You can meet us at St. Dominic's, but we must go, sir," The paramedic expressed, closing the back door, and then getting into the driver's seat before driving off.

He saw the other ambulances driving off, too. "How's Charlie?" Hawk asked, tapping Axle on the shoulder. "She has cuts and bruises; they're taking her to St. Dominic's." He answered. "How's everyone? What's going on?"

Hawk guided Axle towards the others where Sheriff Ford was explaining what happened. Priest started briefing Axle on everyone. "It's bad, Axle, really bad."

Axle pinched the bridge of his nose waiting for the details they were about to tell him. "Harper suffered a dislocated shoulder and possible broken ribs." "Piper has an ugly gash to the back of her head, probably debris from the blast."

Axle raked his hands down his face in disbelief. "Kate has a broken leg and burns on her back," Capone chimed in. "Blake has a compound fracture on his left leg and mangled left hand." He added. Axle noticed that no word was said about Maddox or Willow. He saw Ink crying on Tank's shoulder.

As if knowing what Axle was going to ask next, Priest cut in. "Maddox and Willow are still inside."

"From what we've gathered so far, it seems as though Maddox and Willow were closest to the blast," Sheriff Ford began explaining, "Rescue squad is inside trying to locate them now."

"Is this a search and rescue?" "Or a search and recovery?" Axle asked. The others looked at Sheriff Ford scared of what his answer might say. "I'm not sure to be honest." "No matter what, we'll find them." He said before walking towards one of the firemen.