Chapter 25

On their way to a private airstrip outside Reno, Dante hung up the phone with Giancarlo.  "What does he want me to do?" Vincenzo asked.  Bringing Enzo back to New York was only part of cleaning up the mess the young Italian created.  There were more pieces at play.

"Eliminate the members of the Lords of Hades, but leave Alan Stewart alone for now," Dante confirmed, "I'll take care of the leaders here in Reno, while you deal with the others in Sacramento."

Giancarlo wanted to purge any connection that led back to Enzo or the family. They were already dealing with Salvatore Lucchese; fallout from anything his son had done was a challenge he couldn't afford to have.  Therefore, getting rid of all the players was the next step. However, he had other plans for Mr. Stewart.

The mafia don had Dante do some recon on the situation before deciding on what to do, especially once they took Enzo.  Giancarlo was close with Carmine and knew his friend didn't want any harm to his son, Angelo.  So, as a sentiment to their long-time friendship, Giancarlo would take care of the LOH.

"What about the guy they call Beast?" Vincenzo asked.  "He said to leave that for the skulls since he was part of their club."  "I'm sure they want to deal with him themselves," Dante answered. 

Once they arrived, some men helped get Enzo onto the plane.  He was still unconscious from the severe beating Axle gave him.  Dante got out of the car, leaving Vincenzo still seated.  He lit up a cigarette before focusing on the Italian hitman. 

"Do this quick."  "Giancarlo will need you in New York once this is all done," Dante informed him.

Vincenzo nodded, then tapped the front seat.  "Let's go." 

Dante climbed up the stairs onto the plane.  "Are we ready for take-off, Mr. Calabrese?" The pilot asked.  "Yes, but there's been a change in plans on our destination."

*******

Charlie's parents arrived a couple of hours ago.  Viper and Irish explained the plan to get the money out of the bank to them. Axle still was uneasy about letting his ol'lady do this.

"I don't like the idea of you doing this." Axle griped, pulling on his hair. "Why not?"  "It will be easy...just walk in and then walk out." Charlie countered.  Axle chuckled at the simplicity her mind formulated about this plan.  But he could feel anything dealing with Enzo wasn't simple.

"We're talking about Enzo here."  "Do you think he would make it that easy – just walk in and then walk out?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, not easy like a fifth-grader could do it, but not like breaking into the Federal Reserves or Ft. Knox." Charlie elaborated.  Axle wasn't convinced.  He knew there had to be more to it than just her walking in there with fake credentials.

Axle had to follow his gut.  And deep down, he knew it wasn't that simple.

Spook chimed in on their conversation.  "Axle, I got something, and you're not going to like it."

And there it was, the reality of the hurdles it would take to get that money out of the bank.

They followed Spook back to the common area where the others were waiting.  "You got some news, Spook?" Priest asked.

"It's going to take a lot more than an I.D. to get access to that account." Spook began explaining.

"I don't understand; what more would you need?" Charlie asked, confused.

Spook flipped his laptop around so everyone could see the security footage from the bank.  "The bank backs up all their security tapes on an in-house server."  "I hacked into it and went back several months, right before  Menace was killed."