Chapter 36

Axle, Capone, and Ink returned to Cathedral. Spook informed them that he cloned Shelley's phone. The guys stood around watching the veins in Axle's hands pulsate as he read the text exchange between Shelley and Stacy.

"Where is Shelley now?" Axle spoke in a deadly tone. "She's down..." Axle rushed downstairs towards the basement before Priest could finish answering. The others quickly followed behind.

"Axle, wait," Priest tried to stop him. Shelley was tied up to a chair with a gag over her mouth, tears evident as her face was wet and some droplets showed on her shirt. When Shelley saw Axle and the others, she began gyrating wildly trying to break free.

Axle kneeled in front of Shelley, his eyes red with fury. "Where is Charlie?"

Shelley shook her head and made an inaudible sound. Axle began pressing his hand firmly on her thigh, squeezing it painfully. She groaned in agony. "Where is Charlie?!" He screamed in her face. When she didn't answer, he pulled his gun out and held it to her forehead.

"Woah, Axle, what the fuck are you doing?" Priest stepped in front of him. "You know the rules, brother, we don't hurt women under any circumstances."

Priest was correct. One of the many rules Menace established for the Reno charter. No skull member was permitted to lay a hand on any female under any circumstances unless the skulls member's life was in imminent danger. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here.

Axle gripped his hair. "Fuck!"

"What do you propose we do?" Tank asked. "Yeah...Willow would typically be the one to handle this stuff for us," Ice looked over to Ink who was leaning against the wall.

"I say let's make a fucking exception," Ink marched across the room and slapped Shelley across the face so hard, the chair fell over. "Ink!" Capone yelled, grabbing him around the waist pulling him back.

"That stupid bitch knows where Charlie is and she's not telling us!" Ink screamed, wrestling against Capone's hold. Tank lifted the chair back straight. Shelley was visibly shaken by what Ink did.

"What do you want to do, Axle?" Viper asked. "Your charter, your rules."

The Mother Charter had no such rule as Reno did. Anyone who betrayed or harmed the club in any way was dealt with severely regardless of their gender.

Axle was beyond frustrated. He looked over at Shelley, who continued shaking in fear. Then he turned his attention to Priest. There was non-verbal communication happening between the two of them.

Priest pulled out his phone. "I'll make a call."

*******

Charlie was leaning against the headrest of the bed. Her hands were tied to one of the posts, giving her flashbacks of Colombia. But this time there was no Axle or even Tommy to rescue her. There was nobody.

She felt her body becoming weaker. The little food Charlie was given, she immediately threw it up. In her mind, she thought illness had plagued her. What she didn't know was that there was a baby inside her.

The door screeched open and Beast walked inside, his heavy boots pounding on the hardwood floor with each step. He placed a tray of food on the bed next to her. Then loosen the restraints so one of her hands could be released.

He sat down on a rusted chair in the corner and watched her. This had become their routine for the past two weeks. Stacy used to bring the food tray, but Beast forbade her after she tried to kill Charlie.

"I don't think I can eat that," Charlie mumbled, tilting her head towards the sandwich. Beast sighed and nudged the tray towards her. As much as he disliked Charlie, he needed her alive so starvation was not an option.