Chapter 37

**In previous chapters, Priest's wife was called Mack, short for Mackenzie. I no longer like calling her Mack, so she'll be referred to as Kenzie. I will go back and change it in the other chapters**

Axle, Viper, and the others scoured through dozens of documents trying to find a connection with Beast and Bishop Clearing. "I got nothing," Viper disclosed. "I checked all land and housing deeds, nothing listed for that name," Spook chimed in.

The frustration level was high at this point. "Beast didn't fly her to the fucking moon, he's got her in Reno, I know it." "He wants me to find him," Axle groaned. Then his phone started buzzing.

"It's Capone," Axle informed, putting him on speaker. "What's up brother?"

"The boots!" "She's wearing the boots!" Capone repeated with labored breath. "What the fuck are you talking about?" "What boots and who?" "And why the hell do you sound like you ran a marathon?" Axle asked.

"Charlie is wearing the boots Spook gave Kate." "Spook, she's wearing those boots!" Capone screamed loud enough for the tech genius to hear and understand.

"Holy shit, she's wearing those boots!" Spook repeated. "Yes!" Capone confirmed. "Can someone explain what the fuck is going on?" Viper clearly confused, waving his hands around.

Spook leaped over the couch towards his laptop and started typing away feverishly. "The night Kate went undercover at Circus Circus, I gave her a bunch of shit to wear that had listening devices embedded in them."

"Ok, what's so special about these boots?" Axle asked. Spook looked up from this laptop. "I put a GPS tracker in the soles." "I can find her.

*******

Everyone was anxiously waiting for Spook to work his magic. Axle hovering over his shoulder like a hawk stalking prey. "Bro, you hovering isn't going to make me find her any faster," Spook scowled at his Prez. Axle put his hands up and slowly backed away.

"Seriously, what were the chances she was wearing those boots?" The Unholy still in disbelief on how their luck just changed. "Probably one in a million," Hawk piped in. "Regardless, thank goodness she was wearing them." Capone replied.

Axle was pounding the floor with heavy leather boots, pacing up and down the room. He could feel Viper's eyes piercing through his back. Axle turned around and was immediately faced to face with Viper.

Viper tilted his head towards the back, gesturing for Axle to follow him outside. There was a brief silence before Viper took out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket pocket. "Smoke?" He offered Axle, who politely took it.

"Are you going to strip my patch?" Axle blurted. He needed to know his fate, was he still going to lead his charter and still be a Skull or was he out. Viper had all the control. "Do you think I should?" Viper asked, blowing smoke in the air. Axle shrugged his shoulders.

"Even if I wanted to, I can't." Viper revealed. Axle raised his eyebrows seeking clarification. Viper let out a chuckle. "You haven't violated any laws in our national charter, there are no charges I can levy against you."

Viper was right. When his father and uncle started the Skulls, they established a democratic system. For a charter president to have his patch removed, he would've had to violate one of their laws. Then depending on the charge, all the charter presidents must vote on whether or not to revoke the person's membership - it was called a kill switch. From what Axle was told, it had only ever been used once since the Skulls were created.

"I can't remove your patch or  membership just because you dating my sister got her kidnapped...again." Axle exhaled feeling revealed. He would never want to leave the Skulls or his men. He put out the butt of the cigarette on the ground.