Chapter 10

After speaking with Giancarlo, they all left and followed Capone's dad to Brooklyn. Spook reserved them a hotel not too far from Carmine's house. Capone's mother insisted on meeting everyone and invited them over for dinner.

"Come on ma, not the hair." Capone fussed, while his mother was squeezing the life out of him. "That's how you react to your ma after not seeing her for some years." She spat, giving him a harsh pat behind his head. "I'm sorry ma." Capone quick to apologize. He knew better than to make an Italian woman mad.

"Who is this lovely lady?" Mrs. Moretti asked, opening her arms wide for a hug. "Ma, this is Charlie, that's Eric, Ivan, and Blake." Capone introduced them. Of course, he omitted their road names.

Even though it was two worlds converging in one place, the Skulls were mere visitors and all the rules that had to be followed were mafia. Therefore, no roads names. This would be one of the rare moments they would call each other by their real names.

"Charlie, please tell me your Angelo's girlfriend," She beamed, "His father and I have been trying to get him to settle down for so long." "Ma!" Capone screeched in embarrassment.

The Unholy and Blake were having a hard time containing their laughter. Capone is such a badass at home. This is the first time they've ever seen him squirm and become embarrassed. It was quite the sight and they were loving every minute of it.

Axle wrapped his arm around Charlie's shoulder. "I'm afraid this pretty lady is mine, Mrs. Moretti." He smiled. "Please, call me Angie," She said, "Mrs. Moretti makes me sound old."

"I hope my Angelo finds a nice girl before I die." She grinned, motioning them to follow her into the dining room. "Ma, please!" Capone pleaded with a sigh.

That was it, the guys could no longer hide their amusement. They started laughing hysterically, even Axle joined in. Capone shook his head and follow his mother into the kitchen.

Dinner was lovely and Charlie got to know more about Capone and his family. She was wandering around the living room looking at family pictures while the guys were sitting on the patio with Carmine.

"Ah, that's my Angelo." Mrs. Moretti smiled. "Who's the boy next to him?" Charlie asked. Mrs. Moretti sighed, tilting her head slightly admiring the picture. "That's Angelo's older brother, Stefano." "He was killed a few years ago."

Charlie's face frowned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." Mrs. Moretti shook her head. "Don't be sorry, dear, our family has come a long way in healing from that tragic day." "Angelo has come a long way, too." "He has himself quite the family now." She smiled.

Meanwhile, in the backyard, the men were in a heavy conversation about Enzo and Salazar.

"I don't know what connection Enzo has to Salazar, but please be careful, figilo." Carmine cautioned his son. "Although Enzo is not on good terms with his father, he's still his son," Carmine began explaining, "Giancarlo didn't tell you everything."

Axle raised his brows. "What did he leave out?"

"Giancarlo's right about Enzo wanting to be don when he retires; which is going to be soon." "But Nicholas is next in line to take over the family." "For Enzo to overthrow his brother, he's going to need a lot of leverage against the family," Carmine explained.

"What kind of leverage?" Axle asked. Carmine gave a quick look to his son before answering. "He's going to need money and a lot of it." He disclosed.

Axle's eyes widen as if a lightbulb had been switched on in his mind. "There's a lot of money in Reno, especially with the Casinos and illegal businesses that litter that city."