Chapter 35

It's been two week since Charlie was kidnapped. Axle and the skulls have been trying to find clues as to where she's being kept. He had to make another dreaded call to her brother.

After explaining the situation to his father and uncle, Viper and his men, Stone and Viking returned to Reno to help find his sister. This time around, it was difficult for Viper to not want to murder Axle.

"Explain this all to me again," Viper rubbed his hand across his face in frustration. "We've been over this countless times," Bas sighed. "Well, fucking explain it again!" Viper yelled, then marched over towards Axle.

Axle could feel Viper's anger steaming off of him. "Explain to me why my sister is in the middle of this shit storm because Beast was jealous of you," He gritted, jaw clenched as he spoke. "Not to mention, she's fucking pregnant!"

Viper picked up a chair and threw it across the room. "Damn it!" He grabbed Axle by the collar of his cut and slammed him against the bar counter. "I told you to stay away from her, but you didn't listen to me!" "Now look at what you did!" Viper continued to berate him.

Axle knew this was well deserved. Despite everything, he couldn't deny his feelings. "I'm in-love with her," Axle mumbled, staring at Viper so he could see the sincerity in his eyes. "I love her so much, I would gladly trade places with her right now."

"Viper, ease up man, this isn't helping find Charlie faster." "Let go." Stone said, squeezing his prez's shoulder. Viper released him from his grasp.

"Look, we know why Beast did all this." "What we should be looking at is how Beast did all this." Spook suggested, looking at Axle and Viper. Figuring out how their ex-skull member came up with such an elaborate scheme would be the key to finding Charlie.

"Let's start from the beginning," Axle sighed.

*******

A group of men wearing black trench coats walked inside St. Dominic's. The men were huddled around another man who was leading the crowd towards the front desk.

The nurse at the front desk peaked up from looking at her computer. Oh, she formed with her mouth, startled by how handsome the man was. "H...hi, h...how may I help you?" She stuttered, brushing her blonde hair behind her ear.

Nicholas smirked and then leaned over the counter. He licked his lips. "I'm looking for Katherine Bishop, she was admitted a couple of weeks ago."

The nurse typed away on her computer, giving subtle glances at Nicholas who was giving her a five-star smile. When she finished, she looked up at him. "Are you family?" "Only family members are allowed."

"I'm her husband, sweetheart," He lied, then gave a wink. "I've been out of the country and just got here as soon as I could." "Please, I need to see my wife."

Dante looked at him trying hard not to laugh. He leaned towards Nicholas's ear. "You should've been on Broadway instead of Don."

"Fuck you," Nicholas whispered so the nurse wouldn't hear. The nurse seemed sympathetic and believed the mafia Don's story. "She's in the burn unit, room #142." The nurse got up and pointed to the elevators. "It's on the 4th floor."

"Thank you, sweetheart," He winked and walked towards the elevator.

When he stepped out of the elevator, Nicholas was greeted with recovering burn victims strolling the hallways. He noticed the severity of some of their burns. The thought that someone did that to Kate sickened him.

Once he reached Kate's door, he looked over his shoulder. "I'm going inside alone."

Dante nodded.

Nicholas slightly hesitated before turning the knob. He quietly closed the door. Once inside, he stood there in solace. Even for a mafia Don, the sight of her broke him internally. The mafia is all about family and the people you love. The Genovese's were no different. Family was everything to Nicholas.