Chapter 9

Gasps were heard around the room when Priest said Kate's name. "No way Piper will ever agree to that." Bas pointed out. His ol'lady would never allow her best friend to be put in potential harm.

Kate's not an ol'lady, she's not related to anyone in the MC. She's just Piper's friend. Kate has no allegiance to the Skulls. She has no reason to put herself in danger.

"Well if there's an alternative idea, I'm all ears." Priest quipped smugly. "What about Mischa or Maggie?" Bas countered unsuccessfully. Priest gave him a come-on look. "Seriously." "An androgynous, heavily tatted and pierced bartender or a 56-year-old woman with a steel plate in her right hip."

When Priest said it like that of course it sounded ridiculous. But the alternative was even worse in Bas's mind.

"Get Kate in here within the hour." "And you better make sure Piper gets on board with this." Priest pointed to Bas.

Bas grumbled underneath his breath. This was a conversation he wasn't looking forward to. He didn't like arguing with Piper and this was surely going to be a huge one.

*******

"Put this on dear, I would hate for that beautiful dress to get ruined." Mrs. Bianchi smiled, handing Charlie an apron to put on. "Please excuse my husband's rudeness earlier, he believes in tradition," She began explaining, "He feels a woman's role in a marriage is to support her husband and take care of the home."

"Different from your world, I assume?" She asked. Charlie nodded. "Wives don't necessarily have to be in the kitchen." Charlie chuckled, pointing to her apron.

Mrs. Bianchi let out a soft laugh. "Our granddaughter's birthday is tomorrow." "She wants me to make her chocolate cupcakes."

"I didn't know Enzo had a daughter," Charlie stated. Mrs. Bianchi shook her head. "No dear, my oldest son, Nicholas, it's his daughter."

Mrs. Bianchi began incorporating the ingredients into a large steel bowl. "Is Enzo causing you all trouble?" "Is that why you are here?" She asked, mixing the cocoa powder into the bowl.

"I don't exactly know." "He's been seen talking to a rival gang of ours," Charlie admitted, adding eggs into the mix. "We think something might be going on, but aren't sure, yet." "Hopefully your husband can provide us some information on why he's in Reno."

After pouring the mixture into the cupcake tins, Mrs. Bianchi puts them inside the oven. "Have a seat dear." Mrs. Bianchi pointed to the kitchen table nestled in the corner by a large bay window. With a smile on her face, Charlie watched Mrs. Bianchi reached inside a beverage cooler and pulled out a bottle of wine.

"I'm sure my husband has your boyfriend and the others nose deep in aged old brandy or cognac." "They shouldn't have all the fun." She smirked pouring red wine into two glasses.

While Charlie was enjoying pleasantries with Mrs. Bianchi, Axle was focused on what Giancarlo was revealing about his son.

Giancarlo didn't have a problem talking about his son. Of course, one would think this would be taboo in his world. Normally it would be, but Giancarlo's relationship with his youngest son, Enzo has been rocky, to say the least.

"So, let me understand...my son's been conducting business with a member from a rival gang inside a casino." "And you think this might have something to do with your old president's death." Giancarlo recapped. Axle nodded confirming. "Can you tell us why?" "What is Enzo's business in Reno?"

Giancarlo paused for a brief moment and looked over to Carmine. He knew Carmine understood better than anyone the difficulties in raising sons in the mafia, considering Carmine's son, Angelo left the family altogether.