Chapter 18

"Thank you," Charlie mumbled while curled up on a plush mustard yellow couch in Tommy's room. 

Tommy was staring out the window.  "You need to keep away from Damian."  "I can't guarantee he won't try again." He admitted honestly.

"Why can't you just let me go?" Charlie pleaded again.  "I can't do that!" He snapped back causing her to jump slightly.  "I'm sorry...fuck!" He whispers shouted.  Tommy was practically pulling his hair out.

"I feel like you're wrestling with something in your mind, but you're afraid to say it." Charlie pointed out.

Tommy was getting frustrated.  He marched over to Charlie. He grabbed her face with both of his hands.  "You...it's you that's got my mind all fucked up!"  "Don't you get that!"  "It's you!" He yelled.

He let go of her face and walked towards the opposite side of the room.  He withered onto the bed with his hands fidgeting anxiously. 

"You took my breath away the moment I first laid eyes on you; which was at the airport when that biker handed you over."  "Ever since, I can't get you out of my head."  "You make me feel something and that scares the shit out of me," Tommy confessed.

"Tommy...I...I..." Charlie stuttered to get the words out.  As if Tommy knew what she was going to say.  "Let me guess, you have a boyfriend."  She gave a weak smile and nodded.  "I'm not surprised...a woman like you doesn't stay single." He gave a faint laugh.

"Look, you can take the bed, I'll sleep on the couch."  "Damian won't bother you if I'm around." He assured her.

"Is he your cousin?" She asked curiously.  Tommy nodded.  "Yeah, my mom and his dad are siblings."  "Stop asking questions and get some sleep, ok."

Charlie nodded and walked towards the bed.  Right before Tommy turned off the lights.  "Tommy, don't tell anyone what happened with Damian...please."

He understood.  "It'll be our little secret."  "Now get some sleep." He said while turning off the lights.

*******

It's been a couple of hours and no one has heard from Irish.  Neither Viper nor Axle could get a hold of him.  His phone was going straight to voicemail.  "Any word?" Axle asked.  Viper shook his head.  "I don't know where the fuck that old man is."

"Kate, is there anything else you can tell us about what you saw or heard that night?" Priest asked.  Everyone gathered around to hear Kate recount the night Charlie was kidnapped.

"As I said before, they didn't say much when I was there," Kate began explaining, "Why don't you ask the other girl?"

Priest tilted his head in confusion while the others furrowed their eyebrows.  "What other girl?" Axle asked.

"The other girl in the room," Kate said.  "You mean Ginger?" Ice asked, trying to piece this puzzle together.  Kate shook her head.  "No, the other girl."

"Kate, what other girl?"  "You were supposed to be the only waitress in the room." Spook reminded her.  "Then who was the girl sitting in the booth next to Bianchi's?" She asked.

They all looked at each other concerned that they might have missed something.  "Spook replay the tapes," Axle ordered.  Spook took out his laptop and pulled up footage from that night.  The room was dimly lit, highlighting only silhouettes of the men inside. 

Spook continued to fast forward the tapes.  "There!" Kate exclaimed.  Spook squinted his eyes to get a closer look.  "Wait, that's a girl? Capone asked perplexed. 

The woman Kate pointed to bore a striking resemblance to Mischa, the bartender.  But they knew it wasn't her considering she was at Cathedral the night Charlie was taken.