5.

• excuse any errors

•••••

Omniscient

"Karen???"  John questioned, rubbing his eyes. He couldn't believe it.

Kinnsley stood frozen.

"In the flesh," Karen giggled, looking at her husband & daughter, "Y'all gon' let me in or we just gon' stare at each other?"

They both stepped aside, letting her walkthrough. They both began to whisper-yell at each other.

Karen looked at both of them, waiting for them to show her where her other kids were. They led her into the kitchen.

"Boy, I know your feet aren't on my island," Karen spoke from behind J Drew.

J Drew turned away & glanced at his mother. He turned back around, not thinking anything of it. He realized who he had seen & turned back around in disbelief.

"Oh shit!" He fell out of his seat.

Kierra was frozen. Speechless. Shocked.

She just couldn't form any words.

J Drew scrambled off of the floor & ran to his mother. She instantly took him in her arms.

"That's my baby boy," Karen smiled, hugging him tightly. Tears welled in J Drew's eyes.

Kinnsley followed suit, reaching out for her mother. Karen took Kinnsley into her arms along with J Drew.

"My babies. I've missed y'all SO much," Karen held them in her arms, not wanting to let go. After a minute, she let them go. She sat at the island & motioned for everyone to sit too. They complied.

"I owe you all an explanation. But, before that, I owe you all an apology," Karen stated, " I haven't been here. I'm so sorry. There are not enough words to describe how sorry I am,"

"Ma, that's okay-"

"No, it's not. Y'all have spent the past 8 years without a mother. That's so selfish of me. I had to leave for my safety, but I could've taken another route. I regret leaving & I feel so selfish," Tears began to flow down Karen's face.

"I'm so sorry. I prayed every night asking God to get me back to you. I just want another chance at being in my kid's lives. I want to be a mother the right way," Karen poured out, looking at her children.

"Ma, it's okay. We don't know why you left yet but I'm sure you had a good reason," Kinnsley spoke with tears flowing.

"No, no. This is my fault, & I'm taking accountability & whatever consequences come with it," Karen shook her head.

"I'm just glad you're back," J Drew smiled, hugging his mother again.

"Why did you leave?" Kierra snapped, dryly. Tears flowed down her face. She was angry.

"Ki, I-"

"No, I don't wanna hear it. I've had to live 8 years without my mother. Some of the greatest & most important parts of growing up, without my mother. Just for you to not be dead?" Kierra shook her head.

"People made it out like I was crazy, but I'm not," Kierra laughed. "You are. You're crazy for leaving your family to grieve a death that wasn't even worth grieving. So I don't care about you or your stupid ass reason for leaving,"

"Kierra, have you lost your mind? You don't talk to your mother like that!" John spoke sternly.

"Nah, that's not my mother. I don't know who she is," She rose to her feet, storming upstairs.

Karen sat with no words to say. What could she say? Her firstborn hated her. But, she felt as if she deserved it. She was the one that left.

"Ma, stop crying. It's okay. She'll come around," Kinnsley grabbed her mother's hand. J Drew grabbed her other hand.

"Y'all two go upstairs & talk to your sister. I need to talk to Karen," John said, signaling for them to leave.

They both got up, exiting the kitchen

"Come on," He spoke, as he went upstairs. Karen followed them into what was once the bedroom they shared. She entered with a smile at home John kept things the same.

However, that smile quickly dropped seeing a picture of him & Savanna on the dresser.

"So, this is the bitch that has so much to say about me?" Karen chuckled, picking up the picture frame. She turned it to face John.

He chuckled, "You seem a bit jealous for somebody who hasn't been here. Oh wait, I forgot you have been playing mind games with everybody,"

"I could never be jealous. You're mine & will forever me & that's on my wedding ring," She snapped back, flashing her ring.

"You kept it all this time?"

"Never took it off," Karen spoke, fiddling with her ring. She sat down on the edge of the bed & motioned for John to sit next to her.

"Baby, I'm sorry okay? I truly am but I had to leave for all of us to survive,"

"What do you mean by that, Karen. You could've talked to me about it-"

"He said he would kill you, Drew," Karen interrupted, "Kill you & J Drew. Then, pimp me & the girls out. Those were his exact words," A tear trailed down her face.

"Who?" John's jaw clenched. He was furious.

Karen didn't respond. She just cried.

John got in front of her & squatted, "Baby, you gotta stop crying & tell me. I need to fix this. I don't want you leaving again, ever," He wiped her tears away.

"It was Caine," She sniffled.

"Wait a minute," John confused, "He's in prison,"

"I know that. That's another reason why I came back now," Karen spoke.

John was confused, "Karen, you have some serious explaining to do because this isn't adding up to me,"

"I can't explain right now, Drew," Karen sighed, looking at the carpet.

"& why not?"

"Because I need her help,"

•••••

Let me know what you guys think! ☺️

Why do y'all think she needs Kierra's help? 👀

Who do y'all think Caine is? 👀

Why do y'all think she left?