7.

Thanks for 1k reads! ❤️

• excuse any errors

•••••

Omniscient

The next morning rolled away, everyone was fast asleep. Well, everyone except Karen. She was in the bathroom doing her morning routine. After brushing her teeth, she made her way down to Kierra's room.

Karen knocked & with no response, she slowly peaked her head in the door. A smile spread upon her face as she saw Kierra asleep at the top of the bed, & Kinnsley at the bottom.

She made her way over & lightly shook the both of them. Kinnsley woke up first, sitting up.

"Y'all wanna come to help me cook?" Karen asked, shaking Kierra awake.

Kinnsley eyes lit up. Her favorite thing to do as a child was to help her mother in the kitchen. Those words brought back memories for her.

Kierra groaned, laying back down on her pillow. She turned in the other direction & pulled the covers over her head.

"Well, get your sister up & I'll get started. Y'all can come down when you're ready," Karen laughed, exiting the room.

"Man Ki, get up!" Kinnsley spoke, hitting Kierra with a pillow. Kierra shot up.

"I'm up!"

"Mama wants us to cook with her," Kinnsley said, getting out of the bed. Kierra smiled, getting up too. The both of them made their way downstairs into the kitchen.

"Mommmyyyyyyyy!" Kierra exclaimed, running to her mother.

"Kierra! That's too loud!" Karen rolled her eyes & covered her ears. She could never stand the loud noises, especially from Kierra.

Kierra kissed her mother's cheek, "What're we helping with, madam?"

"I'm gonna make the eggs & bacon, Ki you do the grits, & Kinn you do the pancakes & waffles," Karen instructed.

"Mama, why do we need pancakes AND waffles?" Kinnsley asked, opening the refrigerator.

"Because me & J Drew don't like waffles," Karen answered.

"What's the difference?" Kierra & Kinnsley snickered in unison.

"The texture," Karen laughed at their synchronization.

They all began to engage in girl chat as they cooked their assigned dish. By the time that they were done, J Drew had come down the stairs.

"Good morning, ugly," Kinnsley teased at her brother.

J Drew didn't respond. He rushed over to where his mother was, behind the island. He grabbed her left arm, lifting it & sticking his head under it.

"Hey Drew," Karen giggled, touching his face with her other hand. He got up, kissing his mother's cheek & smiling.

"You're such a mommy's boy," Kierra thumped him.

"So what, big head," J Drew thumped her back. What could he say, he loved his mama.

Karen shook her head as she cut up fruit. Laying it on a tray, she carried it into the dining room. The girls followed behind her, carrying the other trays.