14..

• excuse any errors

•••••

Omniscient

"So, how was it?" Drew spoke, trying to make conversation as they made their way home from the appointment.

"It was really good... I got some things off my chest," Kierra smiled, as she spoke in a relieved tone. Drew smiled at the sound of relief in her voice.

Drew looked over at Karen, who was staring out the window, "How bout you, K? How did you feel about your first session?"

Karen looked at Drew a bit dazed. She was so in her thoughts that she almost didn't catch his question. Quickly, she formed a smile, "It was... pretty good,"

Drew side eyed her. He knew it was more than she said in that moment. He could tell just by her body language, that she was upset about something. However, he let it go since they were in the car with Kierra.

Upon arriving at home, Kierra went to talk to Kinnsley & J Drew about the session with their mother.

"So, you felt like she just left & lived a life without us?" Kinnsley's eyebrows furrowed, trying to under what her sister was saying.

"Well, yes. I didn't mean to feel that way... I just did," Kierra shrugged, "I didn't know what I felt for a long time really. I just knew it was anger until I sat & thought about it,"

"Yeah, I get what you're saying. But, do you still feel mad at momma?" J Drew questioned.

"Not necessarily. My mind still wanders, but I do understand why she left. I'm more scared than anything," Kierra spoke, playing with the end of the couch.

"Scared of what?" Kinnsley asked, a bit confused again.

"That we'll rebuild our bond & I'll become attached to her, then she'll have to leave again," Kierra spoke lowly. She was a bit shocked at her transparency with her siblings. She had became aware of exactly how she felt, but she had never said it out loud to anybody besides Dr. Baker.

J Drew sighed, "Well, if we're all being honest I had to same fear in the back of my mind at first. Y'all know I'mma momma's boy & I'll really lose my shit if she has to leave again," He admitted.

"Me too. It still crosses my mind sometimes, but I push it out. I really want that bond back with mommy & I know she wants it back too. Plus, it wasn't really her fault for leaving," Kinnsley shrugged.

Both, Kierra & J Drew nodded, "You're right about that. But, we'll work it out & be back to normal in no time," Kierra reassured, smiling at the thought.

Upstairs, Drew & Karen were having a conversation about Karen's true feelings about the therapy session.

"I don't know, it's just something off about this lady," Karen explained, still trying to figure out what was off about Dr. Baker.

"I've never seen the lady in person, but I can tell just by speaking to her that she does have an odd aura to her," Drew spoke in agreement with his wife, "The name Baker sounds very familiar though,"

"That's the same thing I said. She looks very familiar too but I can't figure out where I know or seen her from," Karen spoke with a puzzled look on her face.

"Maybe it'll just take some time for you to get used to her & the therapy sessions. It's a new experience for you, but it may help if you talk to Kierra about it," Drew shrugged, "Maybe she felt the same way her first time going,"