11.

• excuse any errors

•••••

Omniscient

"Karen!" Dorinda rapidly waved her hand in Karen's face, "Helllooo! Karen!"

Karen's eyes shifted as she snapped out of her daze, "What did you say?"

"I called your name cause you wouldn't-"

"No, no. What did you say before that?" Karen asked, still a bit spaced out. She stared up at her sister.

"Oh, I said Caine is out," Dorinda sighed, nervously. She took her seat across from John, who hadn't uttered a word since the news.

Karen began to pace the floor, silently. John & Dorinda stayed quiet, scared to speak. They didn't wanna piss her off anymore because they knew she was already livid.

"How? How the fuck is he out already? His sentence isn't up!" Karen spoke, angrily.

"Maybe he got an appeal or got off on good behavior," Dorinda spoke, lowly, "I know I'm not crazy, I saw him in the store. I was on the end of an isle & when I looked up, he was staring at me from the other end. He tried to move quickly but I saw him,"

"This nigga got some nerve," John finally mumbled, angrily.

Karen stopped pacing, "Give me your phone," She held her hand out to Dorinda.

Dorinda looked at her hesitantly for a minute. She went into her purse & passed Karen her phone. Karen took the phone and made her way through the dining room, out onto the patio.

Karen dialed the number, getting an answer on the second ring.

"Ayo, I already said I don't wanna buy no fucking girl scout cookies-" The voice growled into the phone.

"Marion, I KNOW you aren't talking to me like that," Karen chuckled.

"Who the fuck is- Oh shit, K?" Suge exclaimed in an excited tone.

"Yes, it's me," Karen laughed softly.

"What's up, sis? I haven't heard from you in like 3 years," He spoke sarcastically.

"Very funny, Suge," Karen playfully rolled her eyes, "I've been meaning to get in touch with y'all but I just got back. You know, tryna make things right with the kids & Drew,"

"Yeah, I feel you. You tryna get back out there? You know the world has missed that voice,"

"Yes, I am. I've been tryna get around to tell my sisters.. Well, Doe already knows. But, I wanna get back out there,"

Karen sighed before speaking again, "But, it seems like I can't just yet,"

"Why not?" Suge spoke in confusion.

"Caine is out. Doe saw him today at the store,"

The call went silent for a second before Suge spoke.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN THIS NIGGA OUT?!" He screamed, making Karen pull the phone away from her ear.

"I honestly don't know. Doe said she was in the store & she saw him watching her from the end of an aisle," Karen sighed.

"That's it for that lil' nigga. His pussy ass gon' try to kill my sister then get out & take his happy ass to a fucking grocery store, like he ain't did shit?! I'm going to find him & chop his fucking head off!" Suge screamed, angrily.